8

"I saw the show." He said.

I couldn't move my feet to go to him, I was bawling my eyes out. It was Maks, he was ok, he is in my house. The moment I really needed someone to hold me and tell me I didn't have to be so strong, there he was.

"Come over here." He said delicately.

I finally got myself to move and I leaped into his arms and sobbed.

"Shh, shhh." He said "you'll wake the boys."

"How did you... I tried to call you the other day.."

"I know." He said "I know, and I'm sorry I couldn't answer, I have been depressed lately. I called Peta and then felt like I was intruding on her happiness with James and then you called and I wanted nothing to do with ruining your happiness..."

"Did you see the opening number." I asked him momentarily forgetting about the other dance that Artem took part in.

"I did." He said "I was happy for you, I believed that you would finally be truly happy because that trophy should have been yours all those years ago and then I saw the other dance .."

"You saw that too?" I began to cry.

"Yeah, don't get me started. How could he do that to you I hope he gave you a good explanation."

"Maks." I cried "I was hoping for that too and instead I got a confession.."

He looked at me with a confused expression.

"They slept together."

"No!" He said almost yelling "what an idiot, I can't believe that."

"Shh." I said pointing up to the boys.

He bottled his anger up within.

We locked eyes for a few moments and I found a strong sense of happiness in knowing that my bestfriend was ok, despite the fact that I should be upset about my husband. Then stupidly, but at the same time not so stupidly, I let my heart take over and I leaned in to kiss Maks. He didn't object. He pulled me into his lap and kissed me so delicately and then stood up with me in his arms. I wrapped my legs around him, not wanting to end the kisses. I wasn't thinking about my husband, I was thinking only about how much love I truly have for Maks that has been building up for over 10 years.

He carried me up to my bedroom and set me down on the bed. He laid on the other side and I instinctively hovered over to him for him to hold me, I didn't want to feel alone.

No, we didn't sleep together, for the sake of my marriage and my children, but we kissed some more and spent the night catching up and being happy in each other's arms.

I wondered what Artem was doing right now. Was he at home alone weeping in his sorrow for what he has done to his family or is he laying in bed with Janel consoling him? What if he knew Maks was back? Would he be upset? I didn't care, for this one night that feels more like a fairytale, I felt like a princess being rescued from her sadness by her very own Prince Charming.