21

"Maks." I said "I'm glad you are here. I am sorry for everything." I grabbed Artem's hand. "I hope you will forgive me for leading you on. I love my husband..."

"I don't forgive you." He said

I looked at Artem, I was ready to sob once again but was trying to hold it in.

"I don't forgive you because it wasn't your fault. I took advantage of you. I selfishly wanted you all to myself. I thought it would make me happy. The sad part is, the part that makes me so angry was that I knew you were only with me because you were angry with Artem. I used that to my advantage and for that I am sorry."

He looked at the ground and then at Peta and then Artem and then back at me.

"I was so angry at myself and then I said those things to you and then left you all alone in the airport, only to hear that you had collapsed and been rushed to the hospital. If I had been there you wouldn't have got that cut on your head, I would have been there to catch you." He cried, this whole room was a scene right out of a soap opera.

Peta gave him a side hug.

"Maks don't beat yourself up, there's nothing you could have done." Artem walked over and gave him a firm handshake. "She was rushed here and now we know what is wrong with her and we are all going to stick by her side through this."

"Maks," Peta said putting her arm around his waist "let's leave them alone they have a lot to talk about.."

After they walked out, I looked at Artem. "What was that all about, they hated each other..."

"I think since everything that has happened, she is making it her responsibility to save Maks, to finish what you started. She doesn't want him leaving again and shutting his friends and family out. She's going to stay with him until Val gets here in a few days."

"You don't think.."

"I think it would be nice if they rekindled their old flame. Now that Maks is over his obsession with being with you.. Maybe he will see what he missed out on."

"Wow, if they get back together.. Just wow. Maybe all of this had to happen. So that we could fix him."

"The only thing I wish wasn't true is that you are very sick."

I momentarily forgot that I had cancer. This was unfair. I just got all of my friends back and am ready to return to being a mother and a wife to the three guys that mean the most to me in life and I get hit with what feels like a ton of bricks.