9

I woke up in the morning and immediately thought about Artem. Everything that I thought happened yesterday must have been a dream. His arms are wrapped around me tightly and for some reason I feel happy.

He moved beside me and I turned around to give him a kiss when I realized that it wasn't Artem laying there, it was Maks.

All of a sudden a rush of memories from last night flooded in my head and rushed out of my eyeballs like a waterfall.

"Maks!" I cried in his arms "it's really you!"

"I thought that was clear last night when you kissed me, oh.." He said "you were picturing that I was Artem."

Maks look dissapointed.

"Maks." I grabbed his hand, "I would never cheat on my husband, Kissing you was a mixture of pure joy that you were okay after months of worrying and the fact that Artem kissed another woman on national television while his wife was sitting feet away... Also, a part of my heart has belonged to you for over 13 years."

"I understand, and I agree, this reminds me of the times we would travel together and sleep in the same bed, Artem knows we're just friends."

"Yeah, I just don't know how I feel about the fact that he cheated on me, why didn't he tell me when it happened.." I was talking out loud, sadness building up.

"I don't know what you expect from him, but I'm sure he's getting backlash from it as we speak." He paused before continuing, "Tell me, how many times has he called you since last night?" He questioned Artem's sorrow.

So many times I have seen this scenario where a man cheats on his wife based on one mistake and regrets it so badly he could hurt himself. I didn't want that for Artem, I didn't want him to lose his family because of one mistake that meant nothing to him. I also didn't want to be an idiot for forgiving him because I know that our marriage already won't be the same ever again.

I rolled over to look at my phone, the only missed call I had was from Tony. Oh no, I was supposed to call him last night.

"None." I finally answered his question, but looked worried about how Tony must feel not knowing if we were safe.

"What is it?" Maks said worried.

"Tony." I said "I was supposed to call him last night."

"Don't worry about Tony." He laughed "he knew I would be here, why do you think he left so fast."

All of a sudden I put the events of last night together, I should have known there was a reason Tony would leave me and the boys in our doorway. I feel so happy to have Maks home, hopefully for good. He is the only person that I trust right now.

I looked at the clock and jumped up. It was late in the morning and the kids had to get up. It was weird that I slept this long. It was also weird that Artem hadn't tried to call me, I didn't know how to feel. I felt safe with Maks and happy. He pulled me back down onto the bed and we both started to laugh and roll around.

Less than a second later the bedroom door opened and there stood the one person I was least expecting to see.