7

"Babe." He said "I put everything I had into that dance, I was caught in the moment, I.." Artem was speaking fast covering his tracks as he followed me into the red room where everyone cleared out to give us some space.

"That was on national television." I cried out feeling hurt because I had just shared the stage with him and now this will trash the headlines.

I saw Janel slowly approaching and got extremely upset.

"Leave us alone!" Artem shouted at her. He sounded mean, I never hear him sound that way.

"No, she deserves to know." She said quietly.

I took a step back from Artem confused as to what I was going to hear.

Artem looked like he was in pain. I hated seeing him look that way but I was afraid. Afraid of the words I was about to hear.

"Artem!" I said "if you can't tell me then maybe our marriage means nothing to you."

He was crying and Janel walked over to console him and he pushed her away.

"Artem!" I said beginning to cry myself.

"I slept with her." He cried "it was a mistake, I knew that it would crush you and told her we couldn't be friends after the show and then she did that and I was picturing it being you, I didn't pull away fast enough and I'm sorry. For everything." He cried.

I ran to find Val and Artem followed. "Let me see the boys, I know I don't deserve to I am not good enough to be their father. But I love them and you and I take responsibility.."

"Say goodbye to them." I said "otherwise they will be confused but I'm taking them home, and I don't really know what else to say."

I couldn't believe I was standing before the love of my life, who has been unfaithful.

He said goodbye to the boys and that he would see them in a few weeks when he comes home for good. They were excited, unaware of what had really just happened. I have no idea how to handle this right now and just want to get home to the familiarity of my own bed knowing that the sheets have never been touched with infidelity.

After calling Tony to let him know that we were on our way home so he could pick us up, the boys and I boarded the airplane and Alek was being a brave young man because he could sense that I wasn't myself.

I heard Vlad whisper to him "don't be afraid, mommy needs you."

"Mommy is okay." I assured them, "didn't you like mommy and daddy's dance."

I wanted them to love their father always, this can't ruin their relationship with him too.

"Yeah." They said and I kept my strong face on for the rest of the long flight. It was very late when we got home and I had to wake up Vlad so he could walk while I carried a sleeping Alek in my arms.

Tony was there to drive us home and was in a hurry. He brought our luggage up to the porch, kissed my cheek and drove off after telling me to call him when we were safe inside.

I thought that was strange because he usually would help us get inside. I shook it off and knew he must have had a good reason to drive off so quickly.

I opened up the door and brought the boys up to their beds, they already got their pajamas on while we were on the airplane so it made it easy for me to tuck them in and let them go straight to sleep. Before long they were out like a light.

I ran back downstairs because I left the door open and was surprised to see the luggage from the front porch now in the house and the door shut and locked.

I thought I was seeing things when I saw a shadow in the front room. I grabbed my phone ready to call 911 and then I saw him.