0.0 - Prolouge

0.0 - Prolouge

She stared deeply into her eyes, fidgiting with her fingers waiting for an answer. Lilac's gray eyes never left hers as she swept a few strands of hair behind her ear.

After hearing what she'd just heard, being shocked was the most appropriate thing to be at the moment. Lilac cupped Katherine's face gently, giving the doppëlganger some shimmer of hope as the inhuman vampire opened her mouth.

"I shall say this once and never again. I could never love you. Unlike you I don't have my humanity. I didn't expect you to fall for me. So either drop your feelings or leave and forget about me."

Lilac's words hit Katherine like a bus. Never had she thought she'd be rejected, and so coldly at that. She held her tears back as the brunette left the room, leaving the heart broke girl alone in their house.

She cried into her hands, smudging any make up she had put on making her face a mess. Blotchy spits covered her face and constant sniffling was needed ever few moments. Her heart had broken into many pieces and as much as she wanted to leave, she couldn't.

She was too in love with her to give up. She was determined to get Lilacs humanity back. With that she cleaned herself up, fixed her face to make it look like she'd been before her meltdown and went to tell Lilac about her staying and dropping her feelings.

But what Katherine didn't realize was that Lilac was listening to Katherine's crys of pain and heartbreak. And slightly, just slightly, a part of her felt something.