1.9 - Stronger Than Before

Katherine was gone in the blink of an eye, like she had never step foot in this town. Like she died in the fire in 1864.

This gave everyone a huge relief, all except for Lilac, who never felt so guilty. Having the power to compell vampires just like a human was a gift, but she never used it.

Katherine was her best friend, partner in crime for the last five hundred years and now that her love was confessed everything went downhill. From getting Lilac drunk to find out who she loved, kissing her as she was drunk, almost killing Elena, it was a disaster.

In time Lilac hoped to forgive her, if wasn't her fault she feeling in love with an inhuman vampire. If she had waiting to confess her feelings, maybe there would have been a better chance. But right now, Lilac was furious, with guilt built up inside.

She thought for centuries that her girlfriend was dead, gone. But the only thing that made it true that it was Hillary, was the ring. It was the engagement ring she was going to present to Hillary the day of her death.

That evening she was going to sneak put of her home with Lilac and be taken to a cliff, where the stars shined the most, then Lilac would say some speech before opening the box with the beautiful diamond and Ruby stoned ring.

But she never got the chance, she died at the hand of Niklaus. Even when Lilac begged for her friend at the time to stop him, Elijah wouldn't do anything.

The night of the ceremony was the first time Hillary's parents had ever head of Lilac, only heard of a man named Lance. Lilac should have been mad, but the fact that Hillary was scared to tell her parents who she was in love with, only made Lilac's love for her stronger, even in death.

Lilac had slipped the ring onto her finger before being pushed away by her mother. The couple had been kind at first, but as soon as she told them she loved her, it was hectic.

Shouting, brushed and another death. Hillary's mother had betrayed her own daughter, angering Lilac, thus killing the mid thirty woman. Still haunted her to this day.

After Hillary's ceremony Lilac went to find Niklaus, only to find Elijah with the look of guilt. Lilac had shouted, even slapped Elijah before declaring their friendship to an end.

She didn't regret it, only regretted not doing something about Niklaus. One day she would kill him, but for now she wanted to worry about herself, and what she was going to do about Elena.

Elena was by far the best thing that had happened to her. She was the one to fully let her switch her humanity on. She was the thing that kept her all together.

With that locked in her mind she realized something, she felt something she had felt since Hillary. Her heart swelled and suddenly she was at the Gilbert door, smacking the wood with her fist until someone opened the door.

Jeremy was the one, and after convincing Lilac Elena wasn't there, she made her way to the Salvatore house, the only other place she would be.

"Is she here?" Lilac asked as she barged into the house.

"You know, there's this incredible thing called knocking?" Damon said sarcastically.

"I don't care. Where Elena?" Lilac asked again.

"She should be at home." Stefan busted into the conversation.

"But she's not." Lilac insisted.

Suddenly Lilac's phone rung. She answered and all she heard was jagged breathing.

"Lilac." A weak voice called.

"Elena?!" Lilac panicked.

"Find me." Then the line went dead.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Next chapter will sadly be the last of My Humanity. This is sort of a filler and leading to the end of the book. Yes ik, this is a short chapter but it's all for the ending.

comment your thoughts, love ya

~Rhylee