1.5 - Stay With Me

1.5 - Stay With Me

Lilac came by Elena's everyday to check up on her. They'd talk and sleep and dare I say it, kiss. It only happened whenever Lilac was leaving.

This was new to both of them. Elena liking a girl for the first time and Lilac liking a girl after thousands of years. It was different, but a good different.

Lilac woke up having a burst of confidence in her; she was going to ask Elena on a date.

She had no experience with these, no idea how to do it and no idea what to do. But she hopefully would come up with something. With the amount of things they'd been doing it seemed only right to ask her.

Lilac got dressed and drank a blood bag before heading out with determination. She wasn't going to back down from this, it was something she needed to do.

Her humanity was still unstable, but right now it was doing good. Hopping into her car she drove right to Elena's house. Lilac marched right up and knocked on the door.

It took a few moments but finally the door opened and Elena was standing in front of her, looking as good as she always did. Lilac took a moment to look her over before clearing her throat.

"Go on a date with me?" She blurted out and made Elena's eye widen.

"Oh god, wait, was that wrong? I should have waited. God Lilac your stupid. You don't have to say yes I just thought since-" Lilac rambled on and on only making Elena giggle.

"I'd love to. Don't stress, you were straight forward." Elena accepted and placed a hand on Lilac's shoulder.

"Great. I'll pick you up at five." Lilac said before kissing her cheek and walking back to her car and driving off.

Elena waited until the car turned the corner before squealing loudly and shutting the door with a smile. Jeremy's voice rang through the house minutes later.

"Did you find a mouse again?!" Elena laugh but reassured it wasn't a mouse, only her own happiness.

She skipped up to her room and called Caroline and Bonnie over, telling them the good news. She'd recently told them about her feelings and they totally supported her.

They came over a soon as possible and began planning with Elena, helping her deciding what she should wear.
While the girls looked, Elena searched for a piece of jewelry to wear.

She came across a small box with a note attached to it.

"Wear this :)
-L"