1.3 - Struggle To Survive

The next day Elena woke up in an unfamiliar bed, only to be reminded she'd slept with Lilac, but Lilac wasn't in the bed, or the room for that matter.

Elena got up from the bed and went out to the kitchen where she found Lilac up and cooking. Elena sat down, very confused before Lilac daw her and gave her a lovely smile.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Lilac said as she fliped over the omelet.

"Morning. You seem happy." Lilac nodded before folding the omelet in half.

"It's been a long time." Lilac set the food infront of Elena before giving her a hug.

Elena knew she had to watch what she would say, scared to trigger any madness still within. Just because she felt good now didn't mean she'd be like that forever.

Lilac left Elena to her food while smiling brightly. She missed being happy, or feeling anything. She found her way to Katherine's room and saw the brunette sleeping away.

She grabbed a blood bag from the mini fridge in her room and waved it around her nose. She watched Katherine start to sniff until she grabbed the bag and started to drink, slowly waking up.

As Katherine drank, she could only think about how she wanted to wake up to Lilac's smiling face everyday. Hopefully her feelings were different once her humanity was back.

"Good morning." Lilac greeted as Katherine finished the bag.

"Morning." She sat up and streched.

"What do I smell?" Katherine asked as she sniffed the air.

"Oh I made an omelet for Elena." Lilac shrugged. Katherine tightened her fists slightly.

"Could I steal you for the day? I'd like to hang out with you today." Katherine asked hopefully.

"Course. I just have to get dressed and send Elena on her way." Lilac said before walking out of her room. Today was her chance to change everything.

Half an hour later Elena was saying goodbye to Lilac. Elena really enjoyed the morning and hoped for it to happen again.

"Drive safe Elena. I'll see you later." Lilac said and pressed her lips to Elena's cheek before she left the house.

Elena touched her cheek lightly before getting into the car and driving back to Mystic Falls. Lilac turned to Katherine and saw her standing quite close to her.