1.1 - Humanity Returns

Lilac shook rapidly on the wooden floor as she rocked back and forth, trying to calm herself down. She couldn't hear the desperate cries from Katherine, only her own thoughts rushing through her head as she struggled to latch on to any calming breaths.

Her baths were jagged, her eyes were trained on the floor, not breaking contact as if they were having a staring contest. She feared that if she moved something terrible would happen.

Katherine placed a hand on Lilac's back, rubbing up and down to try and sooth the freaked out vampire. Katherine had no idea what was going on and what was happening. All she knew was that Lilac was breaking down, and she was going to be there.

"Li?" Katherine asked softly, though Lilac continued to shake uncontrollablely.

Lilac hadn't heard any of the words Katherine was saying. She was only thinking about herself at the moment, grasping into the hope that she wouldn't break.

This wasn't her plan, she was never suppose to have her humanity come back, just stay as careless as possible. But right now she was locked in her own mind as she tried to bring herself back into the darkness.

Katherine had successfully called the Salvatores over to try and figure out what the hell hell was happening. In twenty minutes tops they were all surrounding Lilac's shivering body.

"First she was ripping Klaus, now she's cowaring like a dog." Katherine said. Stefan circled her before bending down and putting a hand on her back.

"Lilac?" Stefan called. She made no movement at the sound of her name.
Damon tried but failed as well. The three vampires began to bicker as Elena crouched down in front of Lilac.

She hesitated before putting a hand on her shoulder and caressing her for a moment before speaking.

"Lilac."

And like a switch Lilac stopped shaking. The voices disappeared, her ears unblocked and she looked up at the doppëlganger who had called her name.

Suddenly something happened, another switch went on and she broke down. Tears spilled and sobs louder than anyone could have ever heard came put of her mouth.

She grabbed Elena tightly and cried, for the first time on centuries she cried. Elena was shocked, but hugged her anyways, understanding in some way how she felt.

Lilac felt broken, she felt as if the tears would never stop. All the bad things she'd ever done kept coming back and hitting her like a bullet. Shaking she sobbed over and over again and still clutched to Elena as if she was going to be whisked away.

Katherine went to the other side and hugged her from behind, hoping to help stop the shaking. Both doppëlgangers struggled to comfort their friend as every piece of her torn down, shattered, disappearing into thin air.