0.4 - Confessions From The Heart

After maybe an hour, Lilac had given up on finding Katherine. She went back to Mystic Falls to visit Elena. Just to see who she really was, because information can always be twisted. Plus she had nothing else better to do.

As she made her way to the Gilbert house, she scowled at Katherine's stubbornness. She didn't need Katherine to be upset, she couldn't afford it.

She marched up to the side door, put on a fake smile and knocked on the door. The door opened and a boy about 15 appeared.

"Jeremy Gilbert. Hm, not as attractive as I thought." Jeremy raised an eyebrow at the beautiful stranger.

"May I come in? I'm a friend of Elena's?" Lilac smiled sweetly at the Gilbert boy.

"Sure, come in." He opened the door wider. She nodded a thanks and stepped in. Looking around she stopped at some photographs on the wall.

Looking at one in paticular, she placed her finger on the mother and father holding the little girl. She chuckled lightly, surprised she hadn't been told about them.

"Lilac?" Elena's voice rang. She turned to see the doppëlganger standing a few feet away from her.

"Beautiful family you've got. Sad that they died." Lilac said. Elena frowned.

"Did you come here to mock me about my parents death or are you here for a reason?" Elena asked as she pasted by to enter the kitchen.

Lilac smirked. "I want to get to know you. Information that was given to me seemed too obvious."

She leaned on the island while Elena stayed on the other side, not comfortable with being close to her.

"Oh please Elena, I promise I won't hurt you. Today. So tell me about yourself." Lilac sat down, ready to listen to whatever the doppëlganger had to say.

Elena looked at Lilac nervously, but began speaking about herself. Lilac only stared at her, some words passed through her like at ghost, but some stayed put.

Elena continued talking, worried that she was boring the vampire for dhe was only staring at her. Elena blushes, and cocked an eyebrow at herself. Lilac only smirked, she enjoyed this.

"Am I making you nervous Elena?" She asks while Elena is talking.

"W-What?" Lilac chuckled and stood up and sat on the other side, while Elena leaned against the counter.

"I said, am I making you nervous?" Lilac repeated. Elena shook her head.

"No, you've just been staring at me." She spoke thankfully without a stutter.