Chapter 10

A U G U S T

We were at my moms house again for the day, while my mom and Kash worked on that scrapbook I was sitting in front of the TV watching this game. I had a bet going with D and if San Francisco didn't win I would be out 2 g's but they were up for now so I was good.

"August."

"Huh," my eyes stayed on the TV just as the other team scored a touchdown bringing the score to almost a tie.

"Damn," I cursed under my breathe but I wasn't to worried since it was only the end of the second quarter.

"August!"

I finally looked over to where they sat.

"My bad," I apologized, "Yea?"

"There's a page in here where we have to write down predictions for what I'm having so boy or girl," Kash asked.

I didn't have a preference, I was just happy that Kash was pregnant but if I had a choice then I was definitely going to say.

"Boy."

"Figures," Kash sighed and wrote something down.

"You know I don't care what we have to be honest. If we have a boy cool but if we have a girl I hope she ugly.

They both looked at me like I was stupid and I had to laugh at the faces they were making.

"Care to elaborate," my mom asked me.

"If she ugly I don't have to worry bout no lil nappy head negroe's coming around trying to spit game, asking her out or none of that."

Kash frowned and shook her head.

"And since you used to be one of those lil nappy headed negroe's you would know first hand what your referring to huh," my mom gave me a look.

"Exactly," I agreed.

"Well our daughter will be far from ugly so your just going to have to deal with it. She's going to be beautiful, just like her momma," she flipped her hair over her shoulder.

I couldn't disagree. Since she got pregnant she had filled out more and gained weight and all of it went to the right places.

"She's going to be beautiful there's no doubt about that," my mom agreed with Kash, "But as long as you two teach her to value and respect herself and to put her education first the last thing on her mind will be boys."

"You got a point," I agreed with my mom, "But all it takes is for the right one to come along before she let's her guard down and everything we taught her goes out the window, look at Kash."

If we did have a daughter last thing I wanted was for her to find a nigga like me.

"So what if we have a boy," Kash asked, "You hope he's ugly to?"

"Hell nah, with my genes I know that aint gon' happen."

Kash rolled her eyes, "So what about the hoes, are you going to scare them away from our son to?"

"If they willing to give it away," I shrugged and the pen Kash was writing with earlier damn near put poked my eye out.

"You were saying," Kash asked with her arms folded across her chest.

I got up and picked up the pen she threw at me as I walked back over to give it to her trying to correct what I said.

"I will teach him to respect all women," I told her and she uncrossed her arms and looked satisfied by my answer, "But at the end of the day hoes will be hoes."

Her and my mom gave the evil eye, I swear they were one in the same.

"So I'll tell him to find someone like his momma, smart, gorgeous. A women who carries herself like a lady but know's how to stand up for herself when the time comes for it. Someone who makes him want to be better, do better, someone he can see himself having a future with."

She couldn't hide her smile, "You think all that about me?"

I shrugged, "Aint it obvious?"

"Not really," she propped her elbow up on the table and rested her face in her hand, "So what else do you love about me?"

"For one the way you squint your eyes and smile at me when you wake up in the morning and even with your hair all over the place, the way you pout your lips when you don't get your way," I went on, "I especially love the sounds and they faces you make when I make you..," I glanced at my mom who was giving me that 'I wish you would look'. 

I turned back to Kash and smiled, "I'll tell you the rest when we get home."

She bit her lip and smiled before looking back down at what she was focused on before. Every time she got around my mom she wanted to act all sweet and innocent. 

"That's exactly how ya'll two got in this situation in the first place," my mom looked between the two of us. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

**Short filler chapter but I hope you enjoyed. Next full will be posted Wednesday. 

**Next chapter also skips ahead a little and they find out the sex of the baby.