Chapter 25

K A S H M E R E

I was finally off bed rest and I was feeling a lot better. I guess I learned my lesson about overworking myself. From here on out I promised my doctor that I would take it easy until the baby came and that day was getting closer and closer. I couldn't wait until me and my little girl would be face to face. I couldn't wait to hold her and kiss her and cuddle with her.

Today was Valentines day and although I didn't really care going out this year and celebrating the day in general August was never one to disappoint. This morning I woke up to a huge bouquet of red roses on my nightstand and breakfast in bed. I ate so much that I literally fell right back to sleep.

When I woke up later in the day I took a shower and me and him spent a quiet day in keeping each other company. He wanted us to go out but I was in no mood to so instead he agreed for us to stay in. He said that the day was all about me and what I wanted to do.

After watching some of our favorite movies. When I complained about my back hurting he took it upon his self to give me a massage. I don't know if it was just the say in general but he was being more affectionate then usual but I wasn't complaining.

I didn't need any fancy dinner or expensive gifts or him to go all out, all I needed was him.

-

The next day me and the girls decided to have a day out and since I hadn't been out the house I jumped at the chance to spend some time with them, even if it was just lunch.

We all talked about what we did for Valentine's Day the day before and after that just talked in general on an array of different topics. We always talked about the most random things when we were together and were always laughing.

"I have to tell you guys something," Julianna told us and me and Danielle gave her our undivided attention. Just by the way she was stalling I knew it was something big.

"Your not pregnant are you," Danielle asked her taking the words right out of my mouth.

"No, god no. Nothing like that," she shook her head.

"Then what is it," I asked.

"I was talking to my professor and he thinks I have potential. He has friends in New York and-"

When she mentioned New York I knew where she was going with this.

"New York? What about school," Danielle asked.

"Like I said he knows people and thinks I can finish up school there. He showed them some of my work and they more than like it. I would finish up the year here and then I would be heading up there in June to start a summer internship."

As much as I wanted to smile and tell her how much I was proud of her, I couldn't bring myself to.

"Why do you guys look like that," she looked between both me and Danielle, "Your not happy for me?"

I looked at Danielle and back at Julianna, "Yes. I guess I'm just shocked."

"Is this something you want to do," Danielle asked her.

She nodded, "I didn't at first but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. He's taking a chance on me, they all are."

"And what did D have to say about this," I asked her. They've been together for as long as me and August. Only difference was they didn't go through as much bullshit as us. I didn't' see how they were going to be apart.

Her smile fell from her face and she looked down, "I haven't told him yet."

I sighed. I honestly couldn't blame her for not telling him. It was obviously hard on her to just tell us so I knew it would be hard to tell him.