Chapter 26

K A S H M E R E

Two days I've been walking around like everything is peachy. Instead of going off on him or asking him to explain I watched him. Noticing everything from how he talked to me to how he reacted to my touch. It was honestly the hardest thing I had to do in my life. Acting like everything was all good knowing that he potentially could of betrayed my trust.

It was hard the first time all those years ago when I walked in on him and Ebony despite us being on a break. I could of walked away and cut him off but instead I put everything on the line and gave him another chance. He promised me he would never hurt me again and I prayed that this was all just some kind of misunderstanding. That still didn't explain how that bitch ended up with his watch.

So I've been standoffish with him and instead of him asking me what was wrong he ignored me. That just pissed me off even more deep down. What makes matter's worse is that he hasn't even mentioned anything about his watch missing. His favorite watch might I add.

I had a check up today and I didn't want to go anywhere with him but I knew he wouldn't dare miss a check up. During the car ride to, sitting in the waiting area and during the check up my head was elsewhere. The next check up would hopefully be my last.

In the car August had got a call and for that I was glad because it would leave less time for us to sit in awkward silence. When we were close to home he got off the phone with whoever he was talking to and turned the radio up but he turned it right back down.

"You hungry," he asked.

"No," As a matter of fact I was but he didn't need to know that, I reached out and turned the radio back up and dared him to turn it back down. The rest of the ride we rode in silence. When we got home I headed straight for the bedroom and started to get undressed I sat on the bed and grabbed my I-pad planning to read and listen to some music.

"I'm bout to head out."

I looked up and he was in the doorway of our bedroom looking at me. I looked back down and focused on my book.

"You need anything?"

"Nope."

Instead of leaving though he just stood in the doorway burning a whole through me.

He sighed deeply.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Something wrong with you, what's the problem?"

"You really want to know what my problem is."

"If I didn't I wouldn't of asked."

He started to make his towards me until I answered his question.

"You." He froze mid step.

"What?"

"Where's your watch?"

I could tell that he was caught off guard by my question, he had to know his watch was missing. Instead of him coming clean he decided to play me like he didn't know what I was talking about.

"On my wrist," he lifted up his arm and flashed me one of his many watches, just not the one I was referring to.

"Where's the Rolex, the one I gave you for our anniversary last year?"

I watched as a look of guilt flashed over his face and he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm not sure."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I-"

"What, you lost it?"