Chapter 31

A U G U S T

Since Liyah came home it was like all I wanted to do was stay home. If I wasn't working or making sure my money was right then I was at home with her and Kash. This morning though I hit up D to see what he was up to and made plans to go over to his place.

Once I got there I could see something wasn't right and the topic of Julianna came up and her leaving for New York in a month. After that we did what we used to do best, lit up.

"I mean I love her you know," he glanced at me, "You know how much I love her and I want her to be happy. I just wish that she could be happy here and say fuck that internship."

"Then why wont you tell her that," I exhaled and passed him the blunt.

"Fuck you mean tell her that? I can't tell her that," he snatched the blunt from me and put it to his lips.

I hadn't smoked in months so I was feeling like a light weight but he wanted me to be Dr. Phil and I would be that for him.

"If you don't want her to leave then don't let her," I shrugged. It sounded simple to me.

"I see why you and Kash are always into it. So what, what if some nigga saw Kash dancing and noticed how talented she was and wanted her to fly out to Hollywood or some shit. You would tell her not to go?"

"Hell yeah," I blurted out without any hesitation whatsoever.

"You would tell her not to go even though she had a shot of becoming some big star?"

I saw where he was getting and there were people who hit Kash up all the time but she wasn't interested in the fame or attention. She had her mind set on what she wanted and that was to open up her own dance studio.

But thinking about what if she did want to become famous and head off to do something bigger, somewhere like Cali and New York. I had no doubt in my mind she would succeed at whatever she wanted to do but I don't think I could let her go off and leave. I was confident to the point where sometimes I was cocky but her leaving and meeting new people especially other dudes? Wasn't happening.

"I would talk with her and ask if it was something she really wanted to do," I told him.

"And what if she said yes?"

Then I wouldn't know what to do and now I saw where he was coming from and why he was so down. I had a hard enough time when Kash left me home alone but to have her miles and miles away? I don't think I would let her leave.

Just thinking about the possibility of Kash leaving had me thinking about the future, about us as a family.

Kashmere did what every other girl I messed with failed to do, make me want to be in a relationship. To this day I still don't know what it was about her that made her different from the other females I messed with but we went from being friends to me cock blocking her every chance I got. I didn't want her talking or to even entertain another nigga.

I didn't want to admit it but I liked her and I only came to that realization after D called me out on it. I didn't know what I was doing, I never been in a real relationship before but I was willing to learn just for her. So I asked her out and the rest is history. Yes I fucked up that one time but I was thankful that she decided to give me another chance.

On the flip side though Kash wasn't the easiest person to get along with. She had this sweet and innocent side to her that I believe drew me to her in the first place. Every other girl was so busy trying to be the baddest bitch and what not but not her. She was sweet, my momma loved her and she was loyal. I trusted her and knew that if could count on anyone I could always count on her. She also had a temper and stuck up for herself and I liked that. She didn't sugar coat nothing, she always told me what I needed to hear.

She was funny, beautiful, smart as hell and loyal and best of all she loved me just as much as I loved her. I couldn't picture myself being with no one else and definitely couldn't see anybody ever taking her place. Just thinking about her being with someone else had me in my feelings.

"Yo'," D waved his hand in front of my face bringing me back to reality, "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing," l lied.

"Don't lie to me. I sat here blabbing like a bitch to you so now it's your turn."

I didn't know how to come out and say what was on my mind.

"I just been thinking."

"About?"

I knew his reaction to what I was going to say next was going to be well deserved. Me and D went way back. He's not just my best friend, he's like my brother and blood couldn't make us closer. It's always been him and me, cracking jokes, hanging out. We used to always laugh off the idea of falling in love and all that sap shit but now...

"Settling down."

"Shit you are settled down. You got a girl, you got a daughter."

"Yeah but I'm talking about really settling down," I hinted to him without saying the actual word.

He looked at me and started laughing, "You mean, you thinking about marriage?"

I nodded my head and all of a sudden his goofy ass laughing stopped and he started coughing and patting his chest.

"Don't you think you kind of young," D asked after he calmed down, "I mean you got years for that, we only 22. Is this you or the blunt talkin?"

"High or not at the end of the day my age ain't got nothing to with it. I know I'm young and Kash is even younger than me but" I thought more on it, "If I know I want to be with her for the rest of my life then what's the point in waiting?"

He just looked at me and nodded his head, "I mean I see where your coming from. It's not just you and her anymore, you started a family with her."

And Liyah is young. I want do right by Kash but also her. I want her to grow up seeing her mom and dad married like it should be."

"So you seriously think your ready to take this step."

I sighed thinking about Kash. Yes we still had some stuff to work yes on both of our ends but for the most part we were good.

"I think I am."

"Then you know I support you a hundred and I cant say I didn't' see it coming. You know I love her annoying ass like a sister so you know I support you a hundred. Anyone can see how much you love her and how much she loves you. They say everyone got a soul mate and Kash is definitely no doubt in my mind the one for you."

It felt good knowing that he supported me and to be honest other than my mom his opinion was all that mattered to me. But I knew my mom would support me a hundred percent. She been hinting at us getting married for years now. And Kash's mom gave me her blessing believe it or not.

I didn't even ask her permission or nothing but she made me promise to never break Kash's heart, cheat on her or hurt her. Last but not least she made me promise to make a honest women out of her and marry her and I was happy that I would be doing something right in her mom's eyes.

I had all of the support I needed in my eyes. I guess I need to start ring shopping.

-------------------------------------------------------------

**I apologize if many of the chapters in this book so far have been dull and blah. I'm pretty much done with this book and all I have to do is edit and upload the chapters but I've been slacking on the editing part big time and just kind of lost inspiration. But I haven't given up and I promise to do better and start uploading at least two chapters a week if not more. 

**Also if anyone is interested I actually started writing and am halfway done with book three, the final book this series. This book is far from dull that's all I'm going to say and if you guys are still interested I will post the first chapter when this book starts coming to an end. 

**I also want to thank everyone who continues to read and comment. Just want to give you guys a shout out and tell you how much I appreciate you guys for sticking with and staying interested in my story.