Chapter 11

A U G U S T

I was on my way home, it was around eleven in the morning and I had got up early to head down to the shop since I wasn't coming in for the rest of the day. Today we found out what we were having and I was excited but I was nervous at the same time but I was ready.

I walked in and locked the door behind me, the appointment wasn't til 12:30 so I had plenty time to come home, eat something and relax for a little bit before me and Kash had to be on our way. When I walked in it was pretty much quiet but I could hear Kash's voice coming from the kitchen. I was nosy so of course instead of heading straight back to the room I decided to see if I could find out who and what she was talking about.

She was talking so someone but I knew whatever it was it had to do with Crystal, especially since she said her name not once but twice. Just hearing her name made me shake my head at how everything went down with her and Kash.

-Flashback-

Kash was supposed to be home from dance practice over an hour ago. She usually texted me if she was coming home late or stopping somewhere else. I had plans for us to go out and when I got home she was nowhere to be found. When I called and texted her phone she didn't answer and that pissed me off even more.

Here I was sitting on the living room couch phone in hand waiting for her to call me back contemplating on calling one of the girls when she walk in with a big smile on her face like she ain't have a care in the world.

"Hi," she smiled closing and locking the door behind her. She walked over and kissed my cheek but most of noticed something was wrong when she pulled away because she looked me over and frowned.

"What's wrong with you?"

Instead of answering her question I wanted her to answer mine first, "Where were you?"

She sighed before sitting down on the couch next to me, "I was out."

"Don't play with me, with you?"

"With Crystal," she shrugged.

"And you couldn't call or answer your phone?"

"It died, I'm sorry. You know Crystal picked me up and instead of coming straight home after practice she wanted to stop by the mall and since she was driving and I had nothing else better to do I figured I would tag along with her."

I frowned, figures. I hated that fake ass hoe. How she could smile in Kash's face every damn day knowing that when me and Kash broke up she was texting me on the regular. Asking me if I was okay like I needed to cry on her shoulder or some shit. It was easy to see what her real motive was, she wanted me.

When I turned her down she called herself texting me months later telling me about Kash and that lame ass nigga Zane. Talking bout how she was moving on, going on dates with him and spending all her time with him. She was asking Kash to spill the tea just to run back and tell me it all.

I admit it was one of the reasons why I got on the ball to get us back on track, I ain't want her talking to nobody else and I knew Kash was gonna have nigga's getting at her left and right and I wasn't having that, especially when she was never to far from my mind.

"You been hanging out with her a lot lately, matter fact to much."

It was her turn to frown now, "What do you mean to much, she's one of my best friends."

"That b-girl aint ya friend Kash."

I told her this time and time again but did she listen to me? Take my word for it? No.