Chapter 12

K A S H M E R E

After finding out we were having a girl everything seemed to be coming together and I started looking for names and shopping for the nursery and all things seemed fine except August seemed to be unusually busy and I don't think it was with so called 'work'.

I heard him on the phone a couple of times and when I would ask who he was talking to he would tell me no one. Which was obviously a lie and every time I came around he would rush whoever he was on the phone with off. I don't think that he was talking to another female or cheating on me because he knew better than that but he was up to something and I wanted to know what.

To get my mind off what August was up to I invited the girls out for lunch so they could fill me in on their lives and also so we could talk about my baby shower.

"So do you have any names picked out yet," Danielle asked.

"Not really," I shook my head no, "I came across a few cute ones but me and August can't agree on anything. All I know is that my daughter's middle name is going to be Marie like mine and her name is going to start with a K."
We chatted some more and I took out my phone, August left early this morning and he has been gone all day. He didn't even bother to check in on me and he knew how much I hated when I didn't hear from him. So I texted him saying hi hoping he would text back and continued my conversation with the girls.

By the time I got home that day he hadn't texted me back but I knew he read the message. I was pissed, I understand him being busy but he could at least say hi. I was pregnant for fucks sake and I should be top priority right now. If I was the one not answering or picking up for him he would have a bitch fit.

It was three hours later, almost ten o'clock at night that he got home.

"Where were you," I asked him when he walked in the room.

"Handling business, you know," he shrugged as he kicked off his shoes.

"No I don't know because you didn't answer to pick up your phone," I rolled my eyes.

"Look I had a long day, so chill wit all the attitude aight?"
"I don't have an attitude," I sighed, "You know what, whatever."

I laid down, I didn't even want to look at his face, let alone talk to him.

"I'm sorry. I was busy and I lost track of time."
I just shook my head; I didn't understand how he could lose track of time and not think to check in one me for the whole day.

"I'm tired," I half lied. I grabbed my headphones and plugged them in my ears before lying down.

-

The next day August checked on me, too much if you ask me. I thought about being petty and not responding back to his messages but decided against it.

When he came home that day, earlier than usual he seemed to be in a good mood for some reason.

"What are you so happy about," I asked him frowning.

He shrugged, "Friday we got plans."

"Since when," I asked.

"Since I just told you."

I rolled my eyes at his smart ass comment, "And what are these plans you speak of?"

"Don't worry about all that, you gotta dress up though."