Chapter 4

I slowly opened my eyes, still tired, but not as much as I had been lately. I looked over to see Mabel's empty bed. She's probably downstairs.

I walked down, still having a major headache.

"Mornin' Dip!" Mabel greeted me at the dining table.

I yawned. "Morning." I yawned again. Mabel gave me a funny look.

"Come here," she said hopping off her seat. I slowly followed behind her before she yanked at my arm, almost making me fall.

"Agh! Mabel, what's wrong?" I asked. She pulled my face close to hers and stared into my eyes curiously. "What's wrong?" I asked again.

"See for yourself." She shoved me in the bathroom and I gazed at the mirror. I gasped.

"My... My eyes!" My face went white. I started breathing heavily. They were like Bill's again! I gripped my head and started pacing. The pain in my head got worse.

"Dipper? Are you okay?" She asked me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"NO!"I snapped. ,"AGH!" I started pulling at my hair. The pain was getting worse. Then my back starting burning! It felt like nails were driving through my skin. I clenched my teeth and winced.

"Dipper!" Mabel ran up to me. "What is happening?!" She asked me worried. Her voice started to get muffled out. I began to lose my vision again. An inky blackness started to consume me, or so I thought.

"Grunkle Stan!" I could faintly hear her scream. I saw feet rushing up the stairs and for a second, I heard laughter. That same cackle. My puppet... You'll never escape the strings... Was all I could hear before I began to lose consciousness.

"Dipper! What is happening to you?" Stan shouted over the... Voices... The voices in my head.

"Please... Help..." Was the last thing I said before I blacked out.

-------------------------------

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Huh?" I woke up with the worst headache ever. I looked over and saw a heart monitor and next to it was, Mabel! "Mabel!" Her head shot up.

"You're ok!" She attacked me with a bear hug. "Ow!" I said. My back was stinging.

"Oh, sorry, I forgot about your back." I looked at her questionably. "Oh um, I'll go get a mirror." I sat in silence when she left.

She returned with a small mirror in her hand. "Here," she said lifting up my shirt. I slowly looked in the mirror and what I saw made me almost puke. Cuts. Cuts in the shape of a cipher wheel. Bill's cipher wheel, and right over the Pine Tree symbol, was a big "X".

Phew! That escalated quickly! Hope it was good! Thanks guys and no! No Pinecest in dis story! Sorry if you ship it but I DO NOT! Oh and I just saw the movie, "The Martian." Holy crap it was good! Highly recommend it! Thanks again,
-------Rachel-------Happy (late) Halloween!