Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Today was the day I met my new foster family and moved to the UK with them. I still haven't figured out where I have heard Liam Payne before. Last night, Sydney had let me stay at her house since I didn't have anywhere to go. I had just woken up and was getting ready to meet the Payne family.

It was the beginning of May, so it was very hot out. I put on white jean shorts and a white and navy striped tank top with navy flip flops. I curled my hair and then packed my suitcase. I didn't have much to pack because I don't own much. All my stuff fits into one suitcase.

I carried my suitcase down the stairs and out to the car. Sydney put it in the trunk and we got in. We drove to her office because that's where the Payne family would be picking me up.

When we got there, Sydney said that the Paynes were already here. I grabbed my suitcase and slowly walked inside. We headed to Sydney's office and I was getting more nervous and scared with each step I took. This happened every time. I know I should probably be used to this feeling because I have done this so many times, but I'm not.

I walked around the corner to see the Paynes sitting in the chairs. They stopped talking when they saw me and stood up. Sydney walked ahead of me and started talking to them. I just kind of stayed behind a little. I was looking at the ground, and when I looked up I saw (who I'm pretty sure was) Liam looking at me. He smiled and I gave a small smile back.

"This is Jackie." Sydney said introducing me. "Jackie, this is Geoff, Karen, and Liam Payne."

"Hello dear. Its nice to meet you." Karen said.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you too." I said quietly. As I said before, I'm a shy person.

"So, when is your flight?" Sydney asked.

"Oh, thank you for reminding me. We have to get going!" Karen said.

I said bye to Sydney and thanked her for letting me stay at her place last night. I thought to myself about how I would probably see her soon. We started to walk outside and Liam came up next to me.

"Hi, I'm Liam." he introduced himself.

"I'm Jackie." I said.

"Here, let me take that for you." Liam said while taking my suitcase.

"Is that all you have sweetie?" Karen asked me.

I nodded my head yes.

"Oh, we'll have to change that! I'm sure Liam can take you out shopping when we get back to the UK."

I smiled at her response. This family was nicer than the other ones who have taken me in.

We all got in the car and drove to the airport. Geoff was driving, Karen was in the passenger seat, and Liam and I were in the back. When we got I the airport, we all got out and grabbed our stuff. They all had overnight bags because they had just stayed for one night. I grabbed my suitcase and we all headed inside.

Our flight was called so we handed in our tickets and walked down the terminal. We got on the plane and sat two and two. Mr. and Mrs. Payne sat together and Liam and I sat next to each other.

I admit, I was a little nervous for the plane ride. I mean, I have been on planes before, but I always get nervous.

"You alright, love?" Liam asked.

"Ya, I just get a little nervous on plane rides." I answered.

I felt him take my hand in his and give mine a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm here if you need me." he said.

I gave him a small smile.

I was really starting to like Liam. And no not in the like like way. That would be really weird. I was starting to like him as a brother. As the big brother I never had. He was so nice and caring.

The plane took off and I held Liam's hand the entire time. We decided we would just ask each other questions to get I know each other better and also to pass the time. With each question I was starting to open up more.

"What'a your favorite color?" he asked me.

"I like blue and green. You?" I said.

"I like blue and purple." he answered.

"What is your favorite food?" I asked.

"That would have to be chocolate. How about you?" (L)

"Pancakes." (J)

"What about your favorite drink?" (L)

"I like chocolate milk. You?" (J)

"Coke. What is your favorite movie?" (L)

"The Last Song. What is yours?" (J)

"All of the Toy Stories." (L)

We continues on answering each others questions for about an hour. By then we pretty much knew everything about each other. He also had asked me if I knew of One Direction. I told him I had heard the name, but I didn't really know who they were.

A few hours on the flight passed and Liam and I had spent the whole time talking. I soon started to get tired. I yawned and rested my head on Liam's shoulder.

"Somebody's tired." he said with a small laugh.

I just hummed in response.

"Night Jackie." he said.

"Night." I replied.

(LIAM'S POV)

When I first talked to Jackie, I knew she was very shy. But on the plane ride, she opened up as she got to know me better. She was really nice, funny, and quite pretty. Her brown hair was very long, almost down to her waist. She had brilliant blue eyes, almost the color of Niall's. I don't know why all her previous foster families had given her back. Well, I guess I'm glad she was given back because if she wasn't, we wouldn't have gotten her.

After getting to know her, I realize I was really looking forward to having her be my little sister. I was the youngest in my family before, but now I'm not. Now I have someone to look after.

I asked her if she knew about One Direction, because she hadn't said anything about me being famous yet. Not that I needed her to know, but I just wondering if she knew. she told me she had heard of them, but didn't really know who they were.

I then realize I get to introduce her to the lads when we got back. I'm sure the lads would love her. And I'm pretty sure she would enjoy hanging out with them.

After a while of us talking, I could tell she was getting tired. She yawned and rested we head on my shoulder.

"Somebody's tired." I said with a small laugh.

She just hummed in response.

"Night Jackie."

"Night." she replied.

She fell asleep quickly and I smiled to myself. She looked really cute when she slept. I was starting to really like her, but not in the 'I want her to be my girlfriend' way. I liked her in the sisterly way. She was like the little sister I never had. Of course I have two older sister, but I have never had a younger sister. Since she is younger than me, I can protect and watch out for her.

A few more hours passed and I was starting to get tired too. I rested my head on top of Jackie's and fell asleep.