Chapter 29

Chapter 29

She was gone again. The lads and I looked up and down the streets finding no sign of her. I kicked the side of a brick building in frustration. She hated me. Hated me so much that she ran away, only looking back to see if we were still behind her. She probably only stopped running when she saw we weren't behind her. I couldn't believe it. What I thought was going to be an amazing day turned out to be one of the worst. The lads and I walked back to the group home. We went up to the front door as Nancy opened it. She looked among us and didn't see Jackie.

"Oh, I'm sorry boys." Nancy said disappointedly.

"It's not your fault." Liam said as I sighed.

Just then, the black escalade we had driven here in pulled up at the curb. Paul was in the driver's seat and he rolled the window down. He seemed to be looking for Jackie, and he gave us an apologetic look when he didn't see her.

"I'm sorry, boys, but we have to go now." He said.

"Can we have a second?" Harry asked.

He nodded before we turned back to Nancy.

"I'm sorry again boys." She said.

"Is there any way you could talk to her? Our tour gets done in eight days and we could come back for her." Liam said.

We all looked at Nancy with hopeful faces. Maybe if she could convince Jackie to come back with us, we could finally tell her the truth. And maybe, just maybe, her and I could go back to the way we were.

"I'll try my best." She said with a nod.

"Can you just call us when she gets back here? We just want to know she's okay." Niall said.

"Sure. I will." Nancy answered.

Liam gave his phone number before we said goodbye. She closed the door as we walked the the escalade parked on the corner. We all climbed into the car quietly and Paul drove off once we were all inside. Once the group home was out of sight, I completely broke down. The boys looked at me sympathetically as I covered my face in my hands and silently cried. She hated me. Hated me. The girl I loved hated me. I silently cursed management. This was all their fault. I was so pissed at them. How could they do something like this and not feel bad? They broke us up and aren't even regretting it. That is just sick.

We arrived at the arena where the concert was being held. We walked inside and were immediately rushed into wardrobe and hair. I had already predicted this was not going to be one of my best shows. I felt bad for the fans because no matter how hard I tried I couldn't keep a smile on my face. Not even those crappy lame ones that barely anyone actually falls for. But once I got on stage, I managed a fake one for most of the performance. It was difficult, but I did it for the fans. They were paying money to come and see us, so the least I can do is act like I'm having a good time. Don't get me wrong, the fans were incredible! I just wasn't feeling up to all this tonight.

After the concert, I immediately checked my phone. Still no word from Nancy. I had already been worried about Jackie, but this was making me even more worried. I sighed as all of the lads and I got onto the tour bus. The engine roared to life as I went straight to my bunk. I laid down and closed the curtain. I didn't feel like doing anything right now. I had previously told Liam to wake me up when Nancy called, to which he promised he would. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a restless sleep.

Jackie's POV

I didn't want to go straight back to the group home, so I stayed out on the streets wandering around. The tears continued leaking from my eyes and falling down my face. I couldn't believe after a year, they had the nerve to finally come get me. I gave up on them a half year ago!