Chapter 28

Chapter 28

As I predicted, tour was going by unbelievably fast, and I couldn't be happier that it was. The lads and I would talk about what we would do when we got Jackie back. We talked about traveling around to show Jackie the places we've been. We also talked about just returning home and going back to normal. I liked that idea, because I've missed the little things about being with Jackie. Like holding hands and falling asleep next to each other.

Before I knew it, it was April 18th. It was nine in the morning, and the limo was just entering the city. The concert started at seven, so we still had ten hours to get Jackie. I honestly could not keep the smile off my face, and neither could the other boys. The limo dropped us off at the hotel and we brought our bags up to the run. I took a little time to look my best. I'll be seeing her for the first time in a year and two months. I've missed her so much and I just couldn't wait.

Once we were all ready, we walked downstairs and got Paul. He drove us in a black escalade to the group home. The lads and I were laughing and messing around the whole car ride there. My heart beat faster and faster, and for some reason I got butterflies in my stomach. My breathing sped up as the car pulled up in front of the home. We all got out of the car and I practically ran up to the door. I rang the bell and heard footsteps approaching the door. A woman answered it with a little girl in her arms.

"Is this Ms. Nancy's Group Home for Girls?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes, this is it!" She said with a smile. "I'm Ms. Nancy."

"I'm Cassidy. I'm four!" The little girl said. "You're One Direction!"

The lads and I laughed as her cuteness.

"Yes, that's us." Liam said with a smile.

"Would you like to come in?" Nancy said.

"Please." Niall said politely.

She let us in and closed the door behind us. She led us into what appeared to be a living room and invited us to have a seat, which we did. Cassidy took off running as soon as Nancy put her down.

"What can I do for you boys?" Nancy said.

"We're looking for Jackie Corbett." I said.

"Oh yes, she's here." Nancy said. "Well, not here at the house at the moment. She usually goes out during the day and returns in the evening."

"Where does she go?" Harry asked.

"I don't know. She never says. Well, then again she never says anything." Nancy said with a shrug.

"What do you mean?" Zayn asked.

"She use to talk all the time!" I said confused.

"Oh, you were the family she stayed with before coming here." Nancy said.

"Yeah, we were. And it was a mistake giving her back, so we came back for her." Liam said.

"I'll send a couple of the other girls out to find her." Nancy said.

She called up to two girls, Molly and Quinn, and they came running down the stairs.

"Girls, could you please go out and find Jackie? Someone's here for her." Nancy requested.

"Yeah, sure. Who's here?" Molly said as she looked in. "No way!"

"You're One Direction!" Quinn said excitedly.

"Girls, you can get autographs once you find Jackie. The quicker you find her, the quicker they'll sign your posters." Nancy said.

The girls rushed out the door in search of Jackie. Nancy closed the door before walking back to the living room and sitting down in the armchair.