Decisions (4th Book in the Boss's Niece Series)

Prologue:

I was awoken from my sleep by a little body jumping on top of me and saying, "Wake up mommy!"

I rolled over to see my beautiful 3 year old daughter, Haley Emily Reid.

"Hey you. Good morning. Is daddy up?" I asked.

My husband, Spencer Reid, fake snored. I laughed and looked back at Haley.

"Wake him up." I whispered.

Haley nodded, excitedly. She slowly crept over to her father. Once she was about to jump, Spencer turned and caught her and tickled her onto the bed. She laughed and squealed until he finally stopped.

"Good morning." I said.

"Good morning."

I leaned forward and kissed him on the lips.

"Ew!" Haley said.

Spencer and I looked at each other and laughed.

"Alright. Time for breakfast then mommy and I have to go to work." Spencer said.

"Okay!"

The energetic little girl bounced out of bed and off to the kitchen. I laughed and rolled out of bed to follow her, Spencer following close behind.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked.

"Eggs!" Haley exclaimed.

"If I knew you liked eggs so much, I'd get you to stay with your great uncle more often." I laughed.

"Uncle Hotch!"

I laughed again. It had been so long since I myself called my Uncle Aaron, "Uncle Hotch". It was actually the year I was pregnant with Haley that I stopped.

"Are you okay with going over to Aunt Beth's with Jack while daddy and I go to work?"

When Spencer and I worked, Haley stayed with Uncle Aaron's new wife, Beth, and my little cousin, Jack. They had gotten married the year after Haley was born. Jack was now 12 years old and very tall for his age. He was as tall as Uncle Aaron, who was quite a tall man.

"Of course, mommy! You and daddy have to go to work to help save people's lives." little Haley said.

I smiled. She was so smart. Just like her father.