Apology

*Reid's POV*

I couldn't get what Mel said off my mind. Haley really thought I left her? She's not even old enough to understand and yet she thinks I left them.

I basically did leave them, though. Over something as stupid as a job offering. Mel wasn't blaming me for anything. I wasn't mad about that. I was scared I was going to lose the love of my life.

"You okay Pretty Boy?" Morgan asked, noticing that I was spaced out.

"No." I replied truthfully. "I need to talk to her."

"She's in her office. Don't you lose her, Spencer Reid. She's probably the only girl in the world who'll put up with you." he teased. I chuckled and got up.

I proceeded to Mel's office. The door was open, as usual. I knocked anyways to get her attention. Mel looked up at me. Her face became a combination of upset and angry.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"I thought you didn't want to talk." she said, her voice as cold as mine had been earlier.

"I'm sorry, Mel, I really am. I was just upset because I thought you were leaving me. I should've taken it out on you." I said. "What you said about Haley, it got me thinking. I am like my father. Leaving for no reason. Please don't be mad, Mel."

She looked up at me.

"I'm not mad. Just upset." she replied. "I thought you left us, Spencer. Do you know how much that hurt?"

"As much as it hurt to hear that my 3 year old thinks daddy left her and mommy." I said. "I'm not my dad. I'd never leave you guys. Not for more than a night."

Mel quickly got up and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her waist, holding her close. She buried her head into my neck and we both stood there for a moment.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "If you wanna take that job, Mel, you do, okay? Don't let me hold you back."

"I don't know if I want it." she replied and pulled away to look at me. "But you'll be the first to know if I do decide to take it."

I nodded and kissed her.

"You better come home and tell Haley daddy hasn't left her." she said.

I smiled and said, "I will. I promise."

The rest of the day went by quickly and the day was over, Mel and I were on the way home. There wasn't much talking on the way to pick up Haley, but we didn't need to speak. Being together and knowing we were on speaking terms again made me happy.

Once we pulled up to the daycare and Mel went in to get Haley, I felt my heart begin to race. What would Haley say when she seen me? Would she be upset? Would she get mad at me? For a three year old girl, Haley was very smart.

The backdoor opened and Mel placed Haley in her carseat. I turned to look at her and gave her a smile. She smiled back.

"Hey princess." I said.

"Hi daddy!" she said. I sighed. She didn't seem mad.

Mel buckled her in and gave her a kiss on the cheek before closing the door and driving us home. Haley talked on and on about her day and how she went outside and colored a picture that the daycare runner put on the wall.

We pulled up to the house and got out.

"After supper, you have to get a bath and go to bed, okay?" Mel reminded the little girl.

"Okay mommy." Haley said.

Mel made supper and went to give Haley her bath, but the little girl refused.

"I want daddy to give me bath." Haley said and reached out to me. Mel turned to look at me. I shrugged and scooped up my baby girl in my arms.

"Let's go give you a bath." I said and went up to the bathroom.

I turned on the water and let it run for a little bit. Haley got undressed and I placed her in the tub. She played in the water, insisting she could wash herself.

"Daddy, what happened with you and mommy?" she asked as I rinsed the shampoo out of her hair.

"We had a little disagreement, that's all." I said and pulled the plug. I pulled the little girl out of the bath and wrapped the towel around her little body.

"Why did you leave?" she asked.

I looked up into her brown eyes, the same color as mine.

"Daddy was a bit upset." I said. "But listen to me, okay? I would never leave you and mommy. I love mommy very much and I love you, too. You two are my favorite girls in the whole wide world. If I were to leave, I'd be very upset with myself for leaving such a beautiful young girl and a beautiful woman without their daddy and husband."

Haley looked at me for a moment before opening her small arms and giving me a hug. I hugged her back.

"I love you baby girl." I said.

"I love you, too, daddy." she said and kissed my cheek. "You're the best daddy ever."

"I'm your only daddy." I said. Haley giggled and I finished drying her off.