School Shooting

*Jack's POV*

"Dude, you're staring at her." my best friend, Jackson, said. I quickly turned my head away from Lana to look at him.

"What?" I asked.

"If you like her so much, why don't you just go ask her out?"

"Because, she'd never go out with me. Besides, you know my dad. He could find her name, address, her parents names, background. I'd rather not scare her away." I said. "But, whatever."

"You're thinking the worst. Just go ask her."

Jackson grabbed hold of my shoulders and pushed me towards Lana and her friends. I sighed and walked over to them. I turned back to look at Jackson. He gave me two thumbs up.

"Hey Lana." I said. Lana turned and smiled at me.

"Hey Jack. What's up?" she said.

"Um, nothing much. What's up with you?"

Before she could reply, we heard a gun shot.

*Mel's POV*

I woke up the next morning to the sun brightly shining through the window between where the curtains were lightly opened. Uncle Aaron had given us the day off, which I was grateful for. We hadn't had one in a while and I felt like it was dearly needed.

I rolled over and found myself alone in the bed. A wave of panic washed over me, thinking that Spencer and I didn't actually make up and that was all a dream. That was until I heard Haley's laugh coming from outside.

I got out of bed and walked to the window. I drew back the curtains and looked out to see Spencer pushing Haley on the little swing Derek gave her for her 2nd birthday. I smiled, relieved that it wasn't just a dream.

I pulled on my flat shoes and went outside to join the two.

"Hi mommy!" Haley exclaimed when she seen me.

"Hi honey." I said. "Hi you."

"Hi."

Spencer pulled me into a hug and gave me a kiss on the lips.

"Awe! Mommy and daddy love each other!" Haley exclaimed. I giggled as Spencer kept me close with one arm around my shoulder.

Haley continued to swing on her own, swinging her small legs as she went back and forth. I smiled at my little girl. She was perfect.

After a while, my phone rang.

"Don't tell me that's Hotch." Spencer said.

"It is." I said. "Must be urgent if he's calling the cell and not the house when he knows we're home." I clicked answer. "Hello?"

"Melanie, I need you and Reid at Jack's school right now." Uncle Aaron said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"There's been a shooting."

My mouth opened, but nothing came out. I looked up at Spencer, who was giving me a confused look.

"W-we'll be there." I said. "Bye."

"What was that about?" Spencer asked.

"We need to get to Jack's school, now. There's been a shooting." I said. "Come on, we need to get dressed."

"What about Haley?" Spencer asked.

"We'll drop her off to Uncle Aaron's. Beth isn't working. Hurry up, please Reiders. I need Jack to be okay."