New Team Member

"Hey, Uncle Aaron. Still here?" I laughed as I passed my uncle on the way to my office.

"You're still here." he commented.

"Yeah, but I'm not, like, 200 years old!"

"I'll remember that next time you need me to take care of Haley."

I laughed and kept walking to the door marked "Dr. Melanie Reid" and walked in. I sat at my desk and started going through some files from a previous case. Once I was done, I put them in the "solved" drawer of my filing cabinet.

I rolled back over to my desk and started going through other files when my laptop dinged. I looked up to see an incoming Skype call from Beth. I smiled and clicked "Accept". Little Haley, Jack and Beth popped up on the screen.

"Hi mommy!" Haley said.

"Hey guys!" I said, smiling. "Jack, shouldn't you be gone to school?"

"I have a day off. Teacher Development day or something like that." the 12 year old replied.

"Well then you should be doing your homework for tomorrow." I laughed.

"I don't have homework!"

I laughed.

"How's work mommy?" Haley asked.

"Good, honey. It's good."

"Mel."

I looked up to see my best friend, and Haley's Godmother, JJ at my doorway. I smiled and waved a hand, signalling her to come here. She walked over and looked at the screen.

"Aunt JJ!" Haley exclaimed.

"Hi honey! How are you?" JJ asked.

"Good! How are you?"

"Good. Listen, I have to take your mommy to meet our new worker. Is that okay?"

"That's fine. Bye mommy! Tell daddy I said hi!"

"I will sweetie. Bye honey."

We ended the call. I got up and followed JJ out of my office and down the small stairway that lead to the rest of the main room of the BAU. A girl with short, black hair and dark brown eyes stood, awkwardly, at the door.

"Meet our new member." JJ said to me as we approached the girl. "Sara Night."

The year before, David Rossi, a long time member of our team, retired. He said it was time to settle down, maybe finally find the woman he's gonna be with for the rest of his life and maybe write another story about his final years at the BAU. I guessed Sara Night was his replacement.

"Please to meet you, Sara." I said, extending my hand. "I'm-"

"Melanie Reid. I know all about you. You're a legend!" Sara said, shaking my hand.

"Legend, hey?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Yes! You caught and UnSub on your first day, two in your first three, you were threatened by your ex, who blew your car up. You kill him with one bullet to the chest. You dated and married a member of your own team and had a child and was back right when you got out of hospital. Of course you're a legend!"

I laughed. I couldn't believe that someone would consider me, Melanie Ann Reid, a legend. That's so cool.

"Agent Night, Dr. Reid here will be helping you for the next few days, showing you around, getting you used to the BAU and all." JJ said.

"Oh, my God! That's so great! I'm so excited!" Sara said.

"Okay. Calm down. Unit Chief Hotchner's office is over there." I said, pointing to Uncle Aaron's office. "You should get everything in check with him and what not before we show you around and get you used to the place."

"Got it. Thank you, Dr. Reid."

Sara swept pass JJ and I and to Uncle Aaron's office. A few minutes later, Spencer walked in with coffees in his hands. He passed one to me.

"Who was that?" he asked, nodding in Sara's direction.

"Rossi's replacement." JJ replied before walking away.

"Already?" Spencer asked as we walked to his desk.

"Babe, it's been a year. I think it's time we get another member. Plus, she kinda looks like the female Rossi, which is creepy." I said. "So, what's gonna happen now? Like, with Rossi's office."

"Well, someone who's been at the BAU for an awful long time and who has never had an office before, but now has one because his boss believes that he finally deserves one."

"Could you be more specific?" I asked, kissing Spencer's cheek.

After a few minutes, Sara and Uncle Aaron exited his office. They walked up to Spencer and I.

"This is Dr. Spencer Reid and you've already met Dr. Mel. This will be your desk as Dr. Reid will be moving into Agent Rossi's old office." Uncle Hotch explained.

"Cool!" Sara said.

"Before we start moving you two, we have a case. Meet in the Conference Room."

We nodded and followed him into the Conference Room. Penelope Garcia and Derek Morgan were already there. Spencer and I sat next to each other, just across from Derek.

"Hey. How's my Goddaughter doing?" he asked.

I smiled. Derek was Haley's Godfather and he loved that idea. He loved Haley in general. He thought she was a little gem. The most beautiful girl ever.

"She's fine." I said.

Alex Blake and JJ entered shortly after and sat down. Penelope started in.

"Philadelphia has been having a string of child murders. The first was Britney Mercer, age 15-" she started.

"Actually, Britney can't be classified as a child if she's 15. We're children up until the age of 13, where we then are considered teenagers. Once we reach age 21, we're considered adults. So, if all the murders are in between those ages, then the victims are technically teens, making this a string of teen murders." Spencer cut her off.

I looked at him and laughed.

"Sorry. Continue." he said, turning a slight shade of pink.

"Okay, child murders, teen murders, whatever! All I know is that, once I'm done this briefing, I get to think about stuff that's not his for about 5 minutes." Penelope said. "Anyways, Britney, found in an alley way stabbed to death. The next victim is Tristy Wilson, age 14 found in an alley way across town of where Britney was found stabbed to death."

"So, our UnSub goes for teenagers in alley ways and stabs them to death." Alex said.

"That's not all. Our victims were underage prostitutes."

I nearly dropped my tablet. My jaw dropped in pure surprise and disgust. If I knew that Haley was being an underage prostitute, I'd kill her! And I'm sure Spencer would, too.

"That's sick!" I finally managed to say.

"It is. All the information in the victims are on your tablets for you to look over in the air plane."

"Wheels up in 30." Uncle Aaron said before getting up and leaving, followed by the rest of us.