Morgan and Mel Make Up

*Morgan's POV*

"You have to apologize to Mel at some point, Derek." Penelope told me as she got ready for work. "You can't be mad at her forever. It's not helping her with her decision."

"I know, I know." I said. "But what if she's still mad at me? I can't afford to lose someone else in my life, Penelope."

Penelope turned to look at me, her mouth ajar.

"That's what this is about?" she asked. I looked at the floor, unable to speak. "Derek, that's what you have to tell her. Tell her you'll miss her. Tell her you can't lose her."

"I'll talk to her today." I decided. "That is, if she's at work. I'm sure she and Pretty Boy took advantage of having the house to themselves last night, after their second wedding and all."

*Mel's POV*

I woke up, tangled in the sheets with the sun fighting to shine through the curtains. Memories from the night before flooded back as I rolled over.

Something was missing, other then my clothes. Spencer. He wasn't lying next to me, like he was supposed to be.

I got up and pulled on my bra and panties and Spencer's button up shirt, but felt no need to button it up. Haley was over to JJ's after all, meaning we had the house to ourselves.

I walked down the stairs and to the kitchen, where I found my husband, shirtless, making breakfast. I smiled and rushed over to give him a big hug from behind.

"Good morning." I said and kissed his cheek.

"Good morning." he chuckled. "Finally, you're up."

"How long have you been awake?"

"I'd say a couple of hours."

"A couple of hours?" I questioned and checked the time. "Reiders, it's like 7 in the morning."

"Well, I didn't exactly get a lot of sleep last night, if you know what I mean." Spencer replied. I felt myself blush as Spencer wrapped his arms around my hips and sat me up on the counter. "But I'm not complaining. It was great. At least we weren't interupted like last time."

"I kind of missed that." I admitted.  "Being intimate with you, I mean. I realize you were the nerdy kid in school and all, but you're really good in bed."

Spencer chuckled and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"How about," he said. "after breakfast, we go upstairs and have a quick bit of fun before work."

"You're naughty." I said. "But I'd love that."

"You're late!" Sara announced as Spencer and I walked into the BAU. We were at least an hour late, but after what we did, I honestly didn't care.

It took a bit of make up and brushing my hair three or four times, I managed to look acceptable. Spencer on the other hand still had sex hair, but it looked like his normal look, so we let that slide.

"I know. We're sorry." I said. "Did we miss anything?"

"Nothing big." JJ replied. "By the way, Haley is with Henry's nanny, so you can pick her up at our house after work."

"Thanks again, JJ. You're the best." I said. "I'm gonna be in my office if anyone needs me. I have some paper work to catch up on and I'd love to get a head start on it."

"That ship sailed the moment you guys decided to stay in bed that last hour." Penelope said. Everyone laughed as Spencer and I blushed.

Without another word, I hurried off to my office. I guess I shouldn't be so embarassed. How else would we have made Haley? I guess it's that socially awkward part of me that never went away.

I sat down and got to work on the paper work. I honestly didn't mind paper work. I was weird like that. In school, I loved doing homework and taking notes and stuff. I'm not sure why. The nerd in me, maybe.

After about an hour or so, there was a knock at my door. I looked up to see Derek standing in the doorway. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want. I'm sorta busy here." I said, pointing to the paper work.

"I wanna talk." he said.

"Of course you do." I snapped. "You have five minutes, starting now."

Derek took a deep breath and said, "I'm sorry for how I've been treating you. I've lost a lot of people in my life that I was close to. When I was young, I witnessed my father being killed. My cousin, Cindy, was kidnapped and thought dead. You're like a little sister to me, Mel. I could never lose you."

I was speechless. I couldn't find the words I wanted to say, no matter how much I searched.

"I was also thinking of the rest of the team." he continued. "I'm not sure about Sara, but we've all lost someone close to us. Losing you would be like a sister dying. And, you heard Reid yesterday at your second wedding. He wouldn't know what to do without you. And Haley should have her mother there for all the mildstones in life."

"I've thought about all that." I finally said. "I wouldn't take this job if I didn't think that Spencer could handle raising Haley on his own."

"I know. I thought about that afterwards. I shouldn't've been so mean to you. It's no help if someone is mad at you for a job offer."

"I appreciate you apologizing, Derek. You're the big brother I never had and I don't know what would happen if you stayed mad at me."

Derek smiled and opened his arms. I smiled back and hugged him. It felt good to have one of my best friends back.

"I love you, Chocolate Thunder." I said.

Derek chuckled and said, "I love you, too, Baby Girl."

"Don't tell Garcia about this."

"Not one word."

We pulled away from the hug.

"Now, back to work. That paper work won't do itself." Derek instructed.

"That paper work won't do itself." I mocked. Derek chuckled and left my office. I sat back down and continued the paper work with a big smile on my face.

*********

"You don't dig up real treasures in life. The real treasure is spending some quality time with your kids" -Willie Robertson (a/n: I realize he says "kids" but I thought this was the best quote for this chapter)