Getting Frisky

We landed in Virginia at about 9:00. I stretched as Spencer woke me up from my nap. He drove us home. I was a bit tired, but the feeling of being home woke me up a bit.

We pulled into the driveway. Since it was late, we decided to pick up Haley in the morning. She was probably asleep right now.

As we walked through the door, I threw my GoBag onto the floor and stretched my arms into the air as Spencer disabled our new alarm system.

"Home sweet home." I said, turning to look at my husband. He had a playful smirk in his face. I let my arms go limp and rest on my head. "What are you smiling about?"

He started to approach me. I smiled, realizing what he had in mind. I took a step back, playfully.

It continued that way, Spencer stepping towards me and me taking a step back, until my back hit the wall. Spencer closed the space between us and wasted no time to give me a passionate kiss.

I pulled away, needing air, and said, "Getting a bit frisky, are we?"

"Well, we haven't exactly done it since you got pregnant with Haley. You can't blame me for wanting to bring back old memories." Spencer replied and started kissing down my jawline and to my neck.

I moaned as his hands ran down my back and to my bum. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Haley's gone for the night." Spencer continued, his warm breath on my neck, causing me to shiver. "Let's do it."

He brought his lips back up to mine. He carried me to the bedroom, not breaking our kiss.

He laid me down, softly, onto the bed and climbed over me. I started unbuttoning his shirt and yanked it off. We broke our kiss long enough for me to slip my t-shirt that I had changed into in the plane over my head. I threw it to the side and laid back down.

I had never felt so excited for something before. Like he said, it had been nearly 4 years since Spencer and I were intimate.

"You know how to make me feel young." I breathed as he unbuttoned my jeans and slid them down my legs.

"Young? Sweetheart, you're practically a child." he chuckled.

"I'm 34 years old."

"I'm 36."

"Not much of a difference babe."

He laughed and lowered his lips onto mine once again. I fiddled with his belt, about to take it off when the memory of the offer arose in my mind. I hadn't told anyone, but Spencer was my husband. He deserved to know.

I pulled away from the kiss and sat up. Spencer looked at me, lust in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked, slightly out of breath. "Are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

I chuckled at his concern. Like the first time we did it. He was concerned if I was hurt or not.

"I'm fine, but there's something I have to tell you." I said. "When we were in Philadelphia, the chief was talking to me about...employment."

"But, you have a job."

"I know. He made me an offer that I can't refuse. It's a lead role up at Philadelphia. It pays twice as much as here and it gives me more time to be with you and Haley, but that's the problem. You have a job here and I don't wanna take Haley with me and leave you here all by yourself."

Spencer sat up.

"So, what are you gonna do?" he asked.

"I don't know." I said, shrugging. "It's a big job with amazing pay, but, if I'm gonna be away from you guys-"

"This is a big deal, Mel. I agree." he said.

"Do you think I should go?"

Spencer thought about it for a moment.

"I don't know." he finally said. "Yeah, this is a big deal and everything, but I don't want to leave."

"You're not leaving." I said. "That's the thing. If I get the job, I want you to stay here, but I can't leave you and Haley."

Spencer looked up into my eyes. All lust was gone and now a slight bit on anger was there. This wasn't gonna end well.

"So, is it my fault you can't go?" he asked.

"What? No! No, of course not! That's not what I said at all!"

He got up and grabbed his shirt off the floor.

"It sure sounded like it." he snapped.

"It did not!" I yelled. "You're over compensating this. You do it all the time! It's not a big deal."

"It's a huge deal!" Spencer yelled back. "If you get this job, you're gonna leave me and Haley here! And you're saying you don't wanna go because of me!"

"Because I can't leave you and Haley, Reiders."

"Don't even call me that." he said and exited the bedroom. I let out a frustrated sigh and wrapped a blanket around my still half naked body.

"Where are you going?!" I asked.

"Out!" he snapped. "I can't stay here listening to this crap."

"Reiders, I'm not blaming you!" I yelled, feeling like he was ignoring me. "All I'm saying is that I can't leave you and Haley here. You guys are my life!"

"You know what, Melanie? Maybe you should take that job. Right now, I'd much rather you there then here."

Spencer slammed the front door shut. The slam rang out through the empty house as I stared at the door, hurt by his words.

I ended up sitting right there in the middle of the floor with the sheet around my body. I covered my mouth with my hand and began to cry. Spencer's words stabbed me like a knife. I tried to push them out of my mind, but they kept replaying over and over.

"Right now, I'd much rather you there then here."

"I'd much rather you there then here."

"There then here."

My sobs were the only noise in the house. Goddamn. Why did this offer have to come up? Why did it have to ruin my family?