Another Threat

*Reid's POV*

There was a knock. I was finally moved into Rossi's old office and it felt a little bit like home. I looked up from what I was doing to see a girl in the doorway.

"Hi there." she said, sounding cheery. "My name is Jessica. I'm an intern working here at the BAU to get hours for the FBI academy. I have a letter here for you and Dr. Melanie Reid would like to see you in her office."

Jessica laid a letter on my desk and gave me a small smile before leaving. I looked down at the letter for a moment and decided it'd probably be best to go see Mel if she requested me at her office.

"Did you read the letter?" she asked the moment I walked into the office.

"No, I haven't. Why?" I asked.

"Reiders, you're the genius. You figure it out."

I thought for a moment on what she could be talking about, then I realized.

"I'll go read it." I said and went to leave. Mel grabbed my arm to stop me.

"No time. If he repeated what he did before, then your letter will be the same as mine. We'll just read this one and see what it says."

I nodded. Mel opened the envelope and pulled out the letter. Once again, it was written with letters from a magazine.

"'Dearest Reid, or should I say Reids. It's great to see that you've forgotten about me already. How do I knew you've forgotten? Because, if you hadn't, you'd still be looking for me right now. You might've even found out who I was. The time is drawing closer Dr. Spencer Reid. Say goodbye to your first love because you won't have her for much longer'." she read. "That's it."

"Who is this guy?" I asked. "What have I ever done to them?"

"I don't know. Let's think back to some cases. Have you done anything to make someone want to kill you or something?" Mel asked.

"I work on the BAU. That's not an easy list to narrow down."

"Okay, then lets look at personal cases. Anything involving you specifically. An UnSub targeting you, an UnSub who you connected with, anything like that."

"There's a few." I said and sat on her desk. "There's that whole Tobias Hankle thing, but as far as I know, he had no other family or anyone really. Then there's Nathan, but his mother passed away a while ago and she doesn't seem like the type to do this."

"Maybe it's someone outside of the BAU and the cases and stuff?"

"I have no idea, Mel. I honestly don't. I wish I did."

There was silence. I hated the silence, especially at a time like this. I wish one of us would speak, but I had no idea what to say and Mel looked deep in thought. I know she was concerned. Not for her own safety, but for mine and Haley's. To Mel, her own safety came last.

"We should tell Hotch." I finally said. "Maybe he can help."

"Reiders, we're the babies of the team. If we tell them that we're getting threats, they won't want us in the field. They'll make us stay here and do the stupid, no fun stuff. I wanna be out in the field, no matter what the threat is." Mel argued. "We'll find whoever is doing this. Don't worry."

I nodded. Mel leaned against the wall, falling back into thought. I examined my beautiful wife. In the past 5 years, she hasn't changed one bit.

Her hair was still long and brown, but now she had it Ombre. She still bit the inside of her cheek when she was deep in thought. She still wore contacts so that she didn't have to wear her "big dork glasses". And she still thought about others before herself.

As I continued to look at her, I noticed something and chuckled. She quickly snapped out of her trance.

"What's so funny?" she asked, looking lost.

I approached her and brushed her hair away from her neck. She continued to look up at me, confused. I ran my hand over a slightly visible hickey on her neck.

"You didn't cover up very well." I teased. Her hand quickly flew to her neck.

"Crap." she muttered. "Man, Morgan is gonna tease us for that."

"No he's not." I shrugged. "As long as you keep your hair down over it, no one can see it. And I promise to be careful with the hickey placement next time."

"You better." she said. "Come on. We have half an hour of work left. Let's try to get our minds off that letter."

**************

"Evil is unspectacular, and always human, and shares our bed and eats at our table." - W. H. Auden