Chapter 5 One step foward and blown backwards

I think this could work other than the every now and then getting yelled at I feel great about this. I think.

"What are you doing? I need that pot for the grits now!"

"Okay! I'm going!"

"You need to loose the attitude right now!"

"You got it from school!" my dad chimes in.

  Okay, so now that mom has just turned everything around she is okay. When will this ever end?!? I can hear the TV.

   "There has been a group going around and kidnapping people. Forcing them to work for them. From what is being reported the people are forced to do their drug deliverys, killing, and even worse going and selling themselves. Police are giving up on people who go missing after a week. They say once they are gone it's for good until they find their bodies."

   This can't be happening. First home now this. Will I ever find peace? Not like it could ever happen to anyone I know. The news here never happens after word gets out about one or two times and then it's over.

   The weekend can not go by any slower.

"Get up and help your mom cook."

"Go feed the animals."

"Fix me some food."
What do I look like? Your maid!

I didn't marry either of you. I don't baby sit you. I'm never getting married or having kids. No. I think kids are when you love your life so much that you are ready to share it with some one else. That is far from me. Maybe in the future but not now.

   Weeks have passed and like always my mom can't keep up the good wife act.

"I can't take it! I'm done! With both you and that rebellious daughter of yours!"

"Well fine! Go and don't come back!" I'm glade that I'm getting along better with him now but tomorrow he is leaving for a week. I'll be at home by myself. He trusts me enough to take care of things and nothing really bad should happen. We hope.

   Mom is gone and I have not heard from her since. No one is around to keep a close look on me so Josh is staying with me ao that I'm not alone.

"How you holding up?"

"I've been better. I'm glade your here with me though."

"I'm really sorry that this had to happen to you."

"It's fine. It was going to happen some time." We're sitting on the couch. I'm currled up next to him with his arms wrapped around me. It's cold so we are sharing a blanket.

"It's getting late. Where should I sleep?"

"Umm.... That's a good question. I don't want it to be noticable that there are two people here because everyone knows dad's gone. The biggest bed is mine and it would be bad if some one walked in or by to see two lights on with two people in the house. Why don't we split my bed?"

"If some one walks in and sees me in your bed they will flip and assume the worse."

"That's why I lock the door."

"No one else has a key?"

"Other than me, my dad, and my mom ,we have not heard from in a long while.... No."

"Okay. I'll sleep on the floor though. Just to keep things safe."

"Nothing is going to happen."