Chapter 8 Judgement with a name

In about the middle of the day some one who I never talk to came up to me,

"Hey Susan told us that baby ain't your husband's but Coach  Johnson."

"Why would she say that?" I tried to play confused, but Susan walked up behind me, "Because it's true. I heard her talking to some of her friends. So... What would that make you east, a whore? Let me ask you this did he pay you or was it free?" They were all laughing now. What can I do? I can't cry. That would seem weak.

"It's none of your business whose baby it is."

"Yeah. Every one has the right to know there is a whore among us. Who gets payed every now and then." This really made them laugh. I can't take it any more so I walked away.

   I passed Jill and went to the bathroom to cry my eyes out.

"Beth. It's Kayla and Zoey. Jill told us what happened." I gave no answer because nothing would come out from all the tears.

"Jill stay with her. Talk to her. Me and Zoey will be back. Maybe." They walked out and I was left with Jill.

"Beth she had no right to say those things. Beth please come out. Zoey and Kayla are taking care of those people."

"What?!?" I came out of the stal, "Why they know it's true? Well most of it."

"Because we look out for each other. You would do the same for us and we know it."

"But they will get in big trouble over a little bit of talk."

"That is not little talk. Susan was trying to ruin your name infront of every one."

"I have to go. You coming?"

"Yeah but where are you going?"

"To find them. I have to thank them."

   When I walked out the bathroom there was a teacher out side.

"There you are. We have been looking for you. Follow me. Both of you." She took us both to the office. Susan, Zoey, and Kayla were in there already.

"What's going on?"

"Sit down Beth. It seems you have caused a very big problem. One in which we are going to solve today no matter what." I caused a problem? I'm the victum!

"Susan tells me that your two friends jumped her on your command because she told every one whose baby it really is. Is this true?" Kayla and Zoey were both yelling in anger and we could not tell what they were saying.

"Hey! This question is for Beth not you two! Both of you are in trouble because of her. It would be wise if you don't get into anymore. Now Beth answer my question."

"No.  I didn't tell them to jump her. Susan also didn't tell the whole truth. She called me a whore and that I slept with people for money if they payed. She was having every one laugh at me as she talked."

"What about the baby? Did she lie about that too? Is it in fact Coach Johnson's?" I looked at Zoey, Kayla, and Jill wanting to know if they think I should answer but they said nothing.

"So by your silence I take it as a yes. Do you have any idea how bad this looks on the school, on me? I have a student married to a sub., who is now missing, and knocked up with another teacher. I'll be laughed at and mocked because it will be said I have no control over my school. No this is what I'm going to do. Susan go back to class. Kayla and Zoey you both have ISS for a month. You are both lucky I'm not kicking you out like I am Beth. And Jill you will have... ISS for a week. Seems you have done no real harm other then being an accomplice. Now go all of you before all of you are gone."