Chapter 6 He has to know

The ride to school was quiet.

"Are you okay? You have been very quiet the past two days. I haven't done any thing to upset you have I?"

"No but I might have to talk to you after school at the lake."

"Why the lake?"

"Because that is the place I'm more comfortable at."

"Okay. If it's what you want and it makes you happy. We'll do it."

   I told Jill and Zoey to meet me and Kayla in the bathroom at sixth period. They did not question. I think they may even know some thing is wrong. I came out of the stall crying my eyes out.

"I can't tell him. I can't tell Josh. He'll be mad. I don't know what to do." Zoey got some toilet paper to wipe away the tears from my eyes. Jill walked over and gave me a hug.

"It's okay we are here for you. Every thing is going to be okay." Kayla was standing beside me holding me up making sure I won't hit the ground. "Jill do you have her in seventh period?"

"Yeah. I've got her."

Zoey finally found some tissue and was wiping my face. "Kayla we have to go or we'll be late."

Zoey then gave me a hug wished me luck and left with Kayla. Jill helped me to Coach Johnson's class. My face was still a little red. I knew every one was staring at me now.

"Beth can I see you in the hall?"

I looked up at him "Yes" I walked out in the hall to see what he had to say. In no time I was back in the class room where every one was asking me what is wrong. All I could say was nothing. It was none of their business.

   At the end of the day Josh came and walked me to the car where we would go to the lake and I would tell him the news neither of us want to know or hear.

   "So what's up?" he leaned over and kissed me on the head. I had to get it out before I cried and then he would not be able to know what I said.

"Josh I'm pregnate." After I said it I turned away in shame. Afraid of what he would think of me or even say.

"I take it it's not mine because we have never even kissed on the lips. Whose is it?"

"Coach Johnson."

"What? Why did you...Well you know?"

"It was not my choice."

"What do you mean, not your choice?"

"Remember when I thought I had to stay after school for some talk about my grades for him."

"Yeah"

"He saw us in the mall together."

"So. What does that have to do with any thing."

"He threatened to get you fired for being with me. He said he knew about us and if I don't do what he wants he'll get you fired."

"Beth why did you do it. You should have let me get fired."

"He said if I refused he'll do it any way and turn you in for rape."

"Beth I'm so sorry. From now on I'll never leave you out of my   sight."  he hugged me. I could smell his axe spray. It smelled really good.

"I'm sorry I got mad at you" he said. I  could hear his remorse.

"It's okay. If I were you I would be mad at me too."

"No that was unfair of me to be mad for you trying to protect me."