Chapter 12 My Second Chance

"That's great!" he grabbed me in a big hug and kissed me on the forehead.

"I've got some news for you too. I found your base in the closet. I went out and bought an amp for it. Do you really play or was that someone elses?"

"Yes and no. Yes it is mine now. It was my dad's but his ex wife bribed him to pawn it. Then my uncle wanted to learn to play so my dad and grandma bought it for him. He was not any good so when he moved he left it and I got it. Later on my dad noticed it looked like the one he had years ago. I looked through the books on how to play and I learned from there. I got a little help through the time. I haven't had much time to play though... Thank you."

"Well we are going to make time because I want to hear you play. I also found a key board do you play that too?"

"No I haven't had time to learn. I can only play a few songs."

"We'll arange that too. I'll find someone to help teach you." I leaned over and I gave him a kiss. "Thank you."

   I have always wanted to learn to play just about all the string instruments, especially the piano and guitar. I don't know the list can go on and on about them all. The banjo, guitar, base, violen, harp, piano, and much more. I just never had time to practice. Before I had nothing to play with now I have no time to play. Josh has opened the door for me to finally live my dream of being a musician.

   I know I have to tell Peter the news but I never found the perfect time to tell him.

"I've set up a timed scheduel with someone who knows how to play the piano. I have not found anyone who plays the base yet, but I'll keep looking."

"Okay. So when do I go to the lesson?"

"Right now. I'm going to drop you off at their house while I go and get somethings for the baby."

"But you don't know if it is a boy or girl."

"You don't have to know that to get bottles, diapers, and some other things."

"Josh I'm not trying to be the bad news but I have lost a baby  already."

"That was just one. You where not even taking good care of yourself either; that may have been a one time thing. Have faith."

"Okay."

   He drove me to a house and said he would be back in an hour. I walked in only to be suprised to find that my teacher was Peter. Was this a joke?

"You know how to play?"

"Yes. Is that so shocking?"

"Yes. Why didn't you tell me?"

"You never asked and I never had one to play at your house."

"I have a keyboard."

"It's not the same as a grand  piano." It was beautiful. It was solid black. You could tell that he dusted and polished it daily and that it just might be the most important thing in the house to him.

"It's beautiful. You take good care of it too."

"Yeah I played when I was a small boy. Ol' Samantha and me have been together for years."

"Samantha?"

"Yeah Sam gave it to me the first Chirstmas we met. She made me promise I would play every night before bed. So every night I would play for her. The day she died she made me promise I would never stop playing. Normally I play all through the night until the neighbors complained so now I play til nine."