Chapter 10 It can't be real

"That is wonderful. Just wonderful. Now how are you feeling?" This is a dream right?

"I'm fine. What happened? Where am I? What's going on?" I didn't like the look on their face.

"Peter saw you were acting off so he followed you. When he found you you were in the tree."

"I thought I was too late." I could hear the hurt and fear in his voice.

"What is going to happen to me?"

"It was a close call. If he had have been ten seconds later you would be dead. We are going to send you off to get some help with your suicidal and self harming. Don't worry it is not permanent just for about a week or two is all. If you improve you can go home."

"And if I don't?"

"Well if you don't then you'll be in the mental hospital with the help you might actually need now. We are going to send you home with a person who has over come a similar situation as you and is quilified. Most of the time they are able to help because they understand better then us who have never faced those things."

"Why do I have to go?"

"Because you tried to kill yourself. It's either this or the mental hospital. You see y'all don't understand how your actions make an impact on the people around you. I've been talking to Mr. Johnson. He tells me your husband has been missing for seven months now and about two months ago you had a miscarage."

"Yes. Why is that important to you?"

"Seven months is a long time. I believe it would be healthier if you moved on. Try to have another child. Your husband's disapperance has had a great impact on you and loosing your baby did not help."

"So you are telling me I should forget about Josh and have a completely new life with Peter."

"Well yes. You're only 17. Your life never really started with Josh. Yes you married him but you have your whole life ahead of you." We just looked at him. Well doc what do you think I'm here for? Because I have my whole life ahead of me.

"Well you have a good chance at a happy life, let me put it that way. Excuse me for a moment." He walked out of the room.

"What a bright guy. What does he think I'm in here for? My health? That lost comment... Wow. Really wow."

"Beth he is right. This was a close call. What got into you? What were you thinking?"

"Look I'm sorry okay! I would have got myself down if I could have."

"No Beth! You just don't get it do you?"

"What that my actions affect more than just me? Yeah I get it."

"Josh is gone. When are you going to accept that. I'm not saying move on but just stop all of this nonsence. There are several people who care about you that could have lost you. You need to think about that."

   He's right. They are all right. Josh is not coming back. He has been gone for seven months now. That is long enough for most people to say he is not coming back. What can I do? I just tried to hang myself and that didn't work. I also regreted it afterwards. I can't move on with some one else, I just can't.  Maybe being gone for a week wilk help me think out my next move.

   I was getting ready for tomorrow to go get some help. Jill walked up to me she seemed upset. Could know what I just tried to do? She can't can she?

"Beth my parents are sending me to another school. They don't like it that I've quit for some one they call a... a..."

"A what?"