Chapter Nine Pan's POV

Felix's Sister

Chapter Nine
Pan's POV

I paced around the camp, barking commands at the Lost Boys to find Felix and bring Cyrus to me. How dare that girl ignore my threats? Wasn't she afraid of the consequences?

My mind wandered to when Cyrus threw me back with magic. An angry girl with magic, that's never a good thing... An angry girl in general was one of the most dangerous creatures on the planet, add magic to that and, well, even I didn't want to mess with that.

But I would do what I had to in order to keep all of the Lost Boys on Neverland. If Cyrus really believed she could take Felix away then I would just have to show her who runs this island.

"Pan," Henry said as he walked up to me. "who was that girl? Why do you want to find her?"

"Her name is Cyrus," I replied. "she wants to take away magic from Neverland. That's why I need to find her, to keep her from taking away what makes this place so special."

"Are you going to kill her?"

"I'll do what I have to, Henry."

"But-"

"Liam," I said suddenly and one of the Lost Boys walked over to us. "make sure Henry stays out of trouble. I'll be back later."

I flew up into the sky and towards my Thinking Tree. The Shadow met me there, just as I wanted. "What do you know about Cyrus?" I asked the dark figure.

It's glowing eyes stared at me as it replied, "She is a danger to your plans. She will be your undoing if you don't take care of her."

"Well then, I suppose I'll just have to kill her," I stated plainly.

"That won't work," the Shadow warned. "She's too powerful to be killed here, she must be taken someplace else, someplace without magic, if you want to kill her."

"Oh, well that makes things a bit difficult, doesn't it?" I sighed, thinking. "It shouldn't be that hard to kill her. She's just a girl; how powerful can she be?"

"I'm warning you, Peter Pan, don't try to harm her here."

I waved the words away. "I'll do what I have to," I responded and the Shadow growled before flying off.

How powerful could Cyrus really be? She couldn't even remember about the magic she has, and even if she did, she couldn't possibly be strong enough to stop me.

I frowned as I started walking through the forest, wanting to be alone for a while. Whenever Cyrus was around, I could feel the magic radiating from her, she was strong. But how strong? And how strong was strong enough to stop me? Surely she wasn't that strong, there was no way. Was there?

As I was walking, I heard voices. I looked around, soon recognizing them as Cyrus and Felix.

"Why won't you come back with me?" I heard Cyrus ask and I finally spotted them in a small clearing a few yards away.

I walked towards the clearing, careful not to be seen, and leaned against a tree as I observed them. Most of the people in the group were asleep, one was awake on guard duty but their back was to me, preventing me from recognizing them. Cyrus and Felix were on the far side of the clearing, lying down and facing each other.

"I just can't," Felix said. "We've been through this, Cyrus."

"If we leave, we can go someplace Pan can't find us," Cyrus insisted. "He won't be able to hurt us. Please, Felix, I just want to be a family again, is that so much to ask?"

"From Pan, yes."

"Why? Hasn't he ever had a family?"

A sting of guilt ran through me but I easily shook it away.

Felix shrugged off Cyrus' question. "Good night, Cyrus," he said sharply and he rolled onto his other side.

She sighed. "Felix?"

"Hmm?"

"Tell me a story? Like you did when I was a kid?"

I heard Felix chuckle as he turned back to face his sister. "I guess my little sister hasn't grown up too much, has she?"

Cyrus made a mock pouty face. "Please?"

Felix smiled. "Sure."

I couldn't keep a small smile from appearing on my lips as Felix began to tell her a story. This was a side of him that I hadn't seen since their village was destroyed.

"Felix?" Cyrus said quietly. "Pan's watching."

I froze. How does she know?

"I can feel his presence," she added.

I stiffened. She was getting stronger. "Felix," she whispered, knowing well that I could still hear her. "I want to remember my past."

No. If she remembered, she'd know how powerful she was and she would be more confident when trying to stop me.

I took off flying towards my camp, knowing I needed to make a plan to keep Cyrus from regaining her memory.