Chapter Twenty-Five Mixed POVs

Felix's Sister

Chapter Twenty-Five
Cyrus' POV

"Cyrus."

I spun around, searching for the source of the voice.

"Cyrus."

"Who's there?" I asked, searching for the person

Finally, a figure appeared, stepping out of the shadows. It wore a dark cloak, hiding it's features, but I could see dirty blonde hair from underneath the hood that covered it's head. "Who are you?" I asked.

"You know who I am," the voice responded.

I swallowed. "The Fatal Woman?" I asked.

The person laughed lowly. "La Femme Fatale," she repeated, pulling the hood down from over her head. "That is but one of my names."

I stared at her. She was a carbon copy of myself but her hair was longer and more tamed compared to my own messy locks. Her eyes burned with a green glow and they locked on me.

"They call me so many things," she continued. "but I suppose that's the most common one." She examined me for a moment, a wicked smile spreading across her face. "You don't remember."

"Remember what?" I asked, though I already knew the answer.

"All that I've done," she said. "All that you've done." I tensed and her smile grew. "Would like to see it? The pain, the death, the torture. Would you like to remember?"

"No," I said in barely a whisper.

"Oh," she pouted. "Well, too bad."

The dark pit transformed into the scene of a village, the other me walking through it. She thrust her hand out, shooting a ball of fire at one of the houses. "Where is he?!" she yelled, anger burning in her eyes.

The villagers ran from their homes, all around me their faded figures ran as the Fatal Woman burnt more of the houses.

"I'm right here, witch," another voice said. A boy, about fourteen, walked up to the sorceress. "They've done nothing wrong. Leave them alone.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" she asked. "Well, you should've thought of that before you stole from me."

She looked at a girl, younger than the boy, who was running away from them. The Fatal Woman stretched out her arm and the girl floated up; she screamed at the sudden movement and struggled to get free.

"No, no please!" the boy yelled. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a necklace– the necklace I still wore, and threw it at her. "Here's your necklace. Now, please, don't hurt her. She's my sister..."

"Oh," she seemed to ponder this as she picked up the necklace. "Poor you."

I watched in terror as my past self tore the girl's heart from her chest and crushed it, letting the ashes slip through her fingers as the body fell to the ground. Then more houses burst into flames and everyone screamed, running around in search of safety but there was none. The whole village was killed, gone in a heartbeat.

"No!" I yelled, reaching up and touching the necklace I killed a village for. "I wouldn't do that! I wouldn't!"

"Oh but you did," she said, appearing in front of me as the village scene disappeared.

"But I would never destroy a village because of a necklace!"

"Well you would because of the necklace that keeps you young."

Before I could ask what she meant, another scene began playing and I squeezed my eyes shut. "No, no, no, no, no," I whispered as I heard the screaming of those I had killed. "Pan!"

Pan's POV

Throughout the night, I could hear her screaming and crying and begging for help. I felt guilty but there was nothing I could do. I couldn't sleep– she kept me awake, so I spent the time perfecting my plan to recapture Henry.

"Pan, please," her voice said in my head. "Please help me."

I rubbed my face, sighing. "Get out of my head, Cyrus," I muttered and continued working on the wood carving I had started before I went to New York.

That morning, I walked back to the pit, peering in at Cyrus. She was huddled against the wall, holding her knees to her chest. Slowly, she lifted her head up. "Pan?" she whispered, then looked up toward me.

I ducked out of view before she could see me and let out a slow breath. After a moment, I looked back over the edge. A cloaked figure was walking toward her. "Memories can be such a burden, can't they?" the figure asked.

"Just leave me alone," Cyrus said quietly, trying to sound brave.

"Now why would I do that before I showed you the prophecy?"

The mention of the prophecy caught my attention and I watched as a scene played out. What I saw, sent chills down my spine and caused Cyrus to cry out with grief. "I won't!" she screamed desperately. "I won't do it... I won't..."

I tore my eyes away and went back to camp where Felix met me. "Where have you been?" he asked, then noticed the look on my face. "What happened?"

I shook my head. "Nothing that you need to concern yourself with," I replied.

"It's about Cyrus, isn't it?" he asked.

I raised an eyebrow. "Cyrus is back in New York," I told him. "Why would she have anything to do with this?"

"I don't think she's in New York," he said.

I cocked my head. "You don't believe me?"

"No."

"Very well, that's your choice. Now, I have work to do so if you'll excuse me, I'll be getting to that."

I started to walk past him and to my tent but he grabbed my arm. "I know she's here," he said. "I can feel her. Pan, if you hurt her–"

"I didn't hurt her," I snapped and glared at him. "Lately, it seems as though you've forgotten your place, Felix; I suggest that you remember it quickly before you get into any trouble."

Felix took a breath. "Yes, Pan," he growled and let go of my arm.

"Good," I said and continued toward my tent. "We wouldn't want you getting hurt, now would we?"

"Pan, please."

~~~~~~

Two chapters in one day?? What kind of witch craft is this?! Lol anyway, I wanted to say thank you guys so much for the kind comments and all the views 😱 They make me so happy 😊 I hope you're enjoying this story and will continue to enjoy it as I continue to write it. And if you have any suggestions or ideas as to what should happen, then I would be more than happy to hear them as I'm always grateful for new ideas! ☺️

Have a blessed day,
~Jordyn