Chapter Eleven Pan's POV

Felix's Sister

Chapter Eleven
Pan's POV

Most of the Lost Boys had returned to camp by sundown. I walked over to Cyrus and she looked up at me, fiddling with her necklace out of boredom. "So, up for some hunting?" I asked, trying to be polite to the girl.

"Not really," she mumbled.

"Well I wasn't really asking," I replied as I undid the blood magic binding the ropes around her waist and untied them.

She frowned. "I don't like hunting," she stated, annoyed.

"You'll learn to."

She stood up as the rope fell to the ground. She crossed her arms. "I'm not going."

"You are."

"I'm not."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "I don't think you're in any position to defy me."

"And I don't think you're in any position to threaten me," she snapped. "If you hurt me, there's no chance of you getting Felix back."

I took a breath and scowled. "Let's go."

A bow and quiver appeared in my hands as I started walking towards the woods, putting the quiver around me. Reluctantly, Cyrus followed, trudging along behind me.

"What exactly do you hunt on Neverland?" she asked.

"Anything I can possibly imagine," I glanced at her. "All you have to do is think of something and it'll appear. So, what would you like to hunt?"

"A devilish boy," she mumbled and I sent her a glare.

"How about something easy to start with?" I thought out loud. "A duck, perhaps?"

"Whatever."

As we were walking through the trees, searching for the duck I had summoned, Cyrus' footsteps had begun to slow.

"Cyrus?" I asked, not turning to look for her.

"Hmm?"

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You're walking slower than usual."

"So?"

I stopped walking and turned to face her. She stopped walking before I looked at her, as if trying keep me from noticing anything. She seemed to favor her left leg and was leaning against a tree.

"You shouldn't lie to me, Cyrus," I said.

"I'm not lying," she hissed. "Can we move on, now?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Fine."

We marched on in silence. "Pan," she finally said after a few more minutes passed. "There is something wrong..."

I glanced back at her. "Oh really?" I said sarcastically.

She stopped walking and I turned around. "I twisted my ankle yesterday after you put that spell on me and I ran back to my camp... I fell and now I can't walk too well..."

"So, in other words, you need help?" I asked with a smirk.

"No, I just need to go back to camp."

"And just how are you going to get there?"

"Well I was thinking of doing this thing called walking."

I rolled my eyes. "You'll make your ankle worse."

"Why do you care?"

I frowned. Why do I care? I suppose because she reminded me so much of Felix. I shook my head. "I don't."

"Well then I'm going back to camp," she said before turning around.

I grabbed her arm. "How do I know you won't just go back to your own camp?"

She looked at me, examining my face with cold eyes. After a moment, her eyes softened. "I guess you'll just have to trust me," she said sincerely.

Hesitantly, I let her go and she limped away. While I continued hunting, I couldn't stop thinking about what I saw in her eyes. Pain. So much pain... What could have caused it? I knew her ankle hurt but that could only be a small percentage of what I saw. Amongst the pain, I saw loyalty and sincerity, not much of it, but it was there.

I raised my bow, aiming at the duck I had originally summoned for Cyrus to capture. I pulled the arrow back but my mind went back to Cyrus, distracting me. She really shouldn't be walking on her ankle.

Then again, if she can't walk, she won't be able to fight very well. And as long as she doesn't have her memories, her magic won't be very strong. She would be easier to defeat.

After I had been hunting for a few hours, I went back to camp, giving my game to a couple of Lost Boys to cook. I glanced around the camp and saw Cyrus sitting on the ground with one of the boys. I walked over to them.

I motioned for the the boy to leave and he did, allowing me to speak with Cyrus. "You really did come back," I said. "I was sure you'd go back to your friends."

"I keep my word," she replied. "no matter what."

"How bad's your ankle?" I asked.

"Well I can hardly walk, if that tells you anything."

"Oh." I knelt beside her, rolling up the bottom of her pant leg a few inches to look at her ankle.

It was quite swollen and turning a mixed color of light purple and blue. I frowned. It was worse than I thought it would be. I didn't want her to suffer during her last few days, but I knew that her twisted ankle would make it easier for me to kill her. Thus, I refrained from helping her even the slightest bit.

I stood up and walked towards my tent, not bothering to tie her up. It wasn't like she she'd be able to get very far with her ankle as bad as it was.

Part of me did want to help her; part of me even wanted to let her go, leave her alone, but I knew I couldn't. If I wanted my plan to succeed, then I would have to kill her, I had no choice.