Chapter Forty-Four Mixed POVs

Felix's Sister

Chapter Forty-Four
Pan's POV

Cyrus left and I was alone in the caves again. The Dreamshade burned as it made its way to my heart, the poison visibly spreading across my arm. I had a few days before it overcame me, which meant I had to cast my curse soon. Unfortunately, that also meant I had to get away from Cyrus, and I doubted I would be able to do that without her noticing very quickly.

I pulled at the cuff around my arm. Cyrus was smart. She knew I'd be able to get out of it if she didn't enchant it. I should hate her for what she did to me, but instead I admired her for her abilities.

I scowled. I should've killed her when I had the chance. I wouldn't be feeling so conflicted now. I knew letting my emotions take control would get the better of me but I couldn't stop myself. I raised a hand to my lips, still able to feel Cyrus' against mine and wishing that was where they were. She was so beautiful but so dangerous. And that made her all the more attractive. She was afraid of the darkness but she wore it so perfectly and I knew if she let it take over, she would be so very powerful. Powerful enough to even rule Neverland with me.

I shook my head. Thoughts like those were idiotic.

Making my way to the elevator, nerves pulled at my stomach, telling me something was wrong. When the elevator started to work, I knew something was definitely off. Cyrus knew better than to leave such a thing unprotected. I stepped inside the doors once they had parted and they shut with a squeak. The machine moved agonizingly slow up the shaft, creaking along the way. The doors finally opened and I walked out, heading towards the door of the library.

"Did it really take you that long to realize you could escape?" an annoyed, female voice said and I turned to face Cyrus. "That's very disappointing, Pan."

"Sorry if I'm not thinking straight," I started slowly. "because of the poison you injected into me."

"A little poison never stopped me from using my brain."

She walked up to me and took my arm in her hand, looking at the spindles of poison sprouting from the wound and winding up my forearm. She smirked. "Not use to being poisoned, are you?" she asked. "It wouldn't be spreading so fast if you were."

"And I take it you are use to poison?"

She ran her hand over her shoulder and down her upper arm. "I've had a few run-ins with such things."

"You must have many enemies."

"I do," she smiled. "I take great pride in that."

"Have you ever felt the effects of Dreamshade?" I asked.

"I have," she replied, tracing a scar in the palm of her hand. "Quite painful, isn't it?"

"I must say it is. Now, am I permitted to leave or am I not?"

She thought for a moment. "Very well," she motioned to the door. "You don't have much longer anyway, but if you do manage to cause trouble, I'll be on you in an instant."

"Oh? That doesn't sound like a bad thing to me."

She raised her hand to slap me but bit her lip and slowly clenched her fist. "Watch your mouth," she growled.

"I can't, actually, do that, you see, it's physically impossible."

She glared at me. "Then I'll buy you a mirror," she said through clenched teeth.

"How generous of you."

I patted the side of her face and gave a conceding smile. She swatted my hand away. "I'll see you soon, Cy," I said as I headed toward the door.