Chapter Forty-Two Mixed POVs

Felix's Sister

Chapter Forty-Two
Cyrus' POV

"You're alive," I whispered.

"Yes, so are you," he said, just as shocked as he slowly walked toward us. "What are you doing with him?"

He glared at Peter, then looked at the heart still in my hand. "What do you think I'm doing?" I replied sarastically. "I'm killing Peter Pan."

Peter stood up fully, recovering from the pain I had caused him. A look of guilt overcame his face and he glanced at me. "Cyrus, I need to tel-"

"Stay away from her," Jacob warned as he grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Peter.

I flinched at his touch and shook him away. "How are you alive?" I asked.

"I was in Neverland," he replied, nodding toward Peter. "with that monster."

I bit my tongue to keep myself from yelling that he wasn't a monster. I didn't want Jacob to know how I felt about Peter. "How did you get here?"

"I returned to the Enchanted Forest right before the queen's curse hit." He took a breath, glaring daggers at Peter. "Sawyer didn't make it off the island..."

I shook my head. "No, that's not true. Wendy told me he escaped nearly two hundred years ago."

Jacob tensed. "Is that what you told the Lost Boys?" he asked Peter.

"Cyrus, there's something you need to know–" Peter said quickly.

"He killed him."

I felt my heart shatter and the pieces fall into my stomach, stabbing me from the inside. My eyes widened and I felt my face go pale. "What are you talking about?"

"I was working for Hook at the time. The Lost Boys attacked the ship and kidnapped Sawyer," Jacob explained. "I went to bring him back but it took several months to find Pan's camp. When I did, Pan killed him with Dreamshade."

I looked at Peter, stepping toward him like an angry lioness. "Did that happen?" I asked, daring him to lie to me.

"Cyrus–"

"Did you kill my son?!" I demanded, clutching his heart.

He winced from the pain. "Yes."

I closed my eyes, holding the carving in my other hand so tightly that my knuckles turned white. I finally gathered my thoughts together and looked at him. "Why?"

He shrugged.

"You killed him out of pure amusement?"

"I'm so sorry."

I fought back the tears in my eyes. "Is that why you're so willing to die for him? Because you're the one who killed him?"

He stared at the ground. "Yes."

I took a shaky breath. "Well I'm not going to kill you," I said and he looked at me again, confused. "That's too good for you. You're going to suffer. And then you will die. And I will get my son back and finally be rid of all the pain that has been haunting me for so long."

"Wow, when did you become so confident, Cy?" Jacob asked, putting his arm around my waist.

I grimaced and pushed his arm off. "When you took my son and left me to fend for myself," I hissed. "And don't call me that."

"Come on, Cy, are you still upset about that?"

I sent Jacob a glare but didn't answer him. "You called me your greatest dream," I said to Pan as I looked at the carving in my hand. "and your worst nightmare... I've already lived up to the first, and now I will be the other.