Chapter Thirty-Three Mixed POVs

Felix's Sister

Chapter Thirty-Three
Pan's POV

I chuckled. "What's the difference?"

"A villain has no hope of return to good."

"You seem to be forgetting who you once were," I said.

She frowned and tried to take a step back but I wrapped my arms around her waist and kept her close. I could feel her tense as she tried to decide whether or not she should push me away. Suddenly, she did. "The ship," she said quickly. "They're getting ready to leave; I have to go."

"Why won't you stay here?" I asked.

She hesitated. "I have no reason to," she said. "I came here for my brother and that's it."

"What if I want you to stay?"

"I don't belong here, Pan," she told me. "I miss New York. And honestly, I know you're lying to me. You don't want me to stay; you just want to use me to keep Felix here. I'm not going to let you do that."

"No," I protested. "I'm not trying to use you, I swear."

"Why should I believe you?"

I paused. Why should she believe me? "I– I don't know," I replied truthfully. "But I promise, Cyrus, I'm not using you."

Cyrus ran a hand through her tangled hair, sighing. Her fingers twitched at her side and I knew she was getting ready to transport herself onto The Jolly Roger. I grabbed her wrist as she flicked it, sending us both to the island's shore.

"Let go of me," she snapped, pulling her arm away.

"Cyrus–"

She turned and her eyes widened as she saw the ship a few yards away out to sea, getting ready to fly with the help of my trapped shadow. "No!" she yelled.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Her eyes looked down at the water. "Are you afraid of water, or something?"

She shook her head. "I made a deal with Ursula," she explained. "She wanted to make sure I wouldn't be able to find her again so..."

"You can't use your magic to go across it?"

Cyrus closed her eyes. "Take me to the ship."

"What?" he asked mockingly. "Did the great Femme Fatale just ask for help?"

She looked at me desperately, ignoring my joke. "Please, I can't use my magic but you can," she pleaded. "Please, Peter."

I raised an eyebrow at the sudden use of my other name. "Well I won't help you for nothing," I mused. "How about a deal?"

She glanced at the now flying ship urgently. "Fine," she finally said. "What do you want?"

I pondered this for a moment before saying, "I want you to give me a chance."

She furrowed her brows. "What kind of a chance?" she asked suspiciously.

"A date."

She took a breath, staring at the ship. "But how–"

"I'll take care of it."

Another moment passed in silence as she thought over the deal.

"Tick, tock, Cyrus, time is running out."

"All right!" she said angrily, staring daggers at me. "But Felix can't find out."

I nodded and held out my hand, shaking hers before pulling her towards me, a wave of green smoke surrounding us.

Cyrus' POV

Pan sent me to the upper deck. I didn't know where he had gone but I didn't care. I turned to the others; they all stared back at me. My eyes landed on Neal and I felt the heat of flames as they appeared at my hands. "You promised you wouldn't leave without both me and Felix," I snarled. "You were just going to leave me there. How could you?!"

"It wasn't my choice to leave you," he replied. "I'm sorry."

I turned my stare to Emma. "You were just going to abandon me?!"

"We were afraid that if we stayed, Pan would come after us," she explained calmly and I could see the sympathy in her eyes.

My eyes narrowed and I wanted to yell at them for what they did, but before I could, we heard a commotion coming from below deck. Everyone ran to see what was going on and I reluctantly followed behind.

I gasped at what I saw: Pan trying to tear off Henry's shadow, and Rumplestiltskin sending him into Pandora's Box. When the red mist had cleared, everyone rushed to make sure Henry was all right, and he insisted he was, but all I could do was stare at the box in the Dark One's hands. "What's wrong, dearie?" he asked when he noticed my stare. "You've never seen dark magic at work before?"

"I used to be filled with dark magic; that's not what scares me," I muttered. "It's that box... I thought it was destroyed a long time ago."

"Well, I don't know where you heard that but it is very much still intact," he told me. "Pan won't be getting out of here any time soon."

I tore my eyes from the box and looked at Henry. His eyes kept flicking toward me, a mischievous look in them as a smirk he didn't want to show pulled at his lips.

Everyone soon cleared out of the room, wanting Henry to get some rest after everything he had been through, but I lingered for just a moment longer, trying to decide what was different about the boy. I eventually waved it off to the effects of the traumas he had suffered and turned to the stairs. As I was leaving, I heard him say something under is breath:

"You will keep our deal, my little lost hero."

~~~~~~

Thank you so much for your kind comments! They make me smile and I'm so grateful for them! :) And thank you for over 4.5k views, oh my goodness! I'm so happy about that! So, I know this chapter was shorter than usual and a bit rough but I felt it served its purpose. The next one will be longer, I promise!

Have a blessed day,
~Jordyn