Chapter Ten Cyrus' POV

Felix's Sister

Chapter Ten
Cyrus' POV

-One Week Earlier-

Neal looked at me, confused. "Why do you want to go to the Dark One's castle?" he asked.

"I need to get back to my brother," I stated plainly. "There might be something there that can help me."

"Well, I guess it would be ok," he paused. "Mulan, change of plans, Cyrus is going to come with us to the castle."

-Present Day-

The sun was just rising when I felt a pair of arms grab me and throw me over their shoulders. I tried to scream but magic prevented me from doing so. I hit whoever was holding me but only received a chuckle from the person.

I was soon dropped roughly on the ground at Pan's camp and looked at my kidnapper. It was Peter Pan himself. I tried to yell at him but my voice was still gone. I crossed my arms as I glared up at him from my spot on the ground. I tapped the bottom of my throat impatiently and he rolled his eyes before flicking his wrist effortlessly and returned my voice.

"What do you think you're doing?" I yelled angrily as I stood up to look at him in the eye.

"Your friends have Felix and I have you," he said. "You'll be returned as soon as they agree to let Felix go."

"They'll never do that," I said confidently. "There's too much at stake."

Pan rolled his eyes again and motioned towards one of the Lost Boys, who then dragged me towards a tree. I cooperated as he tied one end of a rope around the tree and the other end around my waist. Pan then sealed the knot with blood magic, making it impossible for me to escape.

"So now I'm on a leash?" I growled as I clenched my fists.

"Of course," Pan said as he walked up to me confidently. "Can't have the pet running off, now can we?"

He put out his hand under my chin as he spoke and lifted my head slightly as he observed me.

I knew what he was doing. He was trying to get into my mind, make me think he was dominate over me. He wasn't. Tying me up like a helpless animal didn't make me one. I was a human being capable of thinking for myself. I was smart, and it was only a matter of time before I figured a way out of his little trap.

"I'm not scared of you, Pan," I snapped.

He pulled his hand away and glared at me. "You should be," he stated darkly.

"But I'm not."

He clenched his fists and let out an annoyed breath through his nose before walking away. I sunk to the ground, crossing my arms as I looked around the camp. I spotted Henry on the other side, looking at me as though he was deciding whether or not he should talk to me. After a moment had passed, he walked towards me.

"You're Cyrus, right?" he asked and I nodded. "Pan said that you want to destroy magic, is that true...?"

"Destroy magic?" I raised an eyebrow. "Of course not. Why would I do such a thing, Henry?"

"I don't know," he paused. "How do you know my name?"

"I'm helping your family," I replied. "That's why Pan doesn't like me. That and I'm trying to take Felix away from here."

"Why would you do that?"

"He's my brother. He's been here a long time and I want him back. But back to your family, they're making a plan to save you from this place, just wait."

"How do I know I can believe you?" he asked.

I rolled me eyes. "I suppose you can't know for sure, but regardless, I'm telling the truth and it's your choice to believe me or not."

The day went by slowly. The Lost Boys went out hunting and/or searching for Felix, taking Henry with them. It was only me and Pan in the camp for most of the day. He stayed out of sight the majority of the time, leaving me to my thoughts.

My mind drifted to my life without Felix. Something seemed wrong. I thought it had been thirty years since Pan took him, but when I hurt my brother, giving him those awful scars, that was longer than only thirty years ago, wasn't it? These two memories conflicted greatly and confused me. Why did I refuse to let the oracle give me back my memories? Things would be so much easier if I didn't run away.

A plate of food- eggs in a basket and an apple- appeared on the ground in front of me, drawing my attention away from my thoughts. I raised an eyebrow and looked up. Pan was sitting a few yards in front of me, leaning against a tree. He was carving something from a piece of wood, glancing up at me when he noticed that I was staring at him with a confused expression on my face.

"I can hear your stomach growling from here," he said as he went back to carving out whatever it was he was making. "I'm not going to let you starve to death; where's the fun in that?"

"Thanks?" I mumbled as I picked up one of the eggs in a basket and frowned. "How'd you know I like the yoke runny?"

He shrugged and answered without taking his eyes off his project. "Took a guess."

I took a bite out of the food, chewing slowly as I tried to see what he was working on. "What are you making?" I asked with my mouth full.

He looked up at me, eyebrow quirked slightly and a small smirk pulling at his lips. "Not one for manners, are you?" he said with a chuckle.

I gave him a sarcastic smile after I swallowed my food, squinting my eyes a bit. "Really though, what are you making?" I asked again.

"Something," he said tauntingly and I could see his smirk as he dragged his dagger across the wood.

I rolled my eyes. "Why were you watching my camp last night?" I asked and he paused his work to look at me.

He shrugged. "I found it while out for a walk. I didn't mean to find it but when I did, I decided to listen for a while." His voice low, almost a mumble, as though he were speaking more to himself than to me.

"How much did you hear?"

He gave a small, genuine smile. "I heard you ask Felix for a story."

My cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "Oh..."

"I saw him smile when you asked... Truth be told, I haven't seen him this happy since... Ever, actually."

I shrugged, taking another bite of food.

He stood up suddenly. "Eat up; I'm taking you hunting tonight."

He walked away after that.