Chapter Thirty-Five Mixed POVs

Felix's Sister

Chapter Thirty-Five
Cyrus' POV

I leaded against the side of the ship, looking down at the land below. I let out a breath. "You look upset," I heard Henry say from behind me.

I closed my eyes. "Kian gave me an ultimatum," I said. "Either stay in Storybrooke for a week, or give up on us..."

"Oh, what are you going to choose?"

I ran a hand over my face. "I don't know," I admitted, then gave a small laugh. "He tells me he loves me, but then he does this... It's so stupid."

"Why are you even with him?"

I shrugged. "I don't know," I let out a breath. "Because he's not afraid of me... Because he doesn't treat me like a monster..."

"Do I treat you like a monster?"

I glanced at him. He sounded genuinely concerned about weither or not he had ever made me feel like a creature to be feared, like he was worried that he had hurt me. "No," I replied. "You treat me like an animal to be trained, but not a monster. You act as though you're a ringleader and I am just a creature in the show."

"Oh."

I sighed, turning around to lean my back against the ship. "And Kian..." I hesitated. "He acts like he owns me. He thinks that once he tells me what to do, I have to obey, like I can't think for myself. I don't even know why I've been with him for so long..."

"Why don't you dump him?" he suggested.

I shrugged. "I still care about him but, I– don't know..."

"You're torn between him and me?"

"When did I ever say that?"

"You didn't," he smirked. "but you did think it."

"Pan!" I snapped. "You know I don't I like it when you get into my head!"

"Oh but I just can't resist it," he purred. "Your mind is a beautifully dangerous place."

I scowled. "If I'm going to give you a chance, then I need to be able to trust you," I stated. "That means you don't get in my head without my permission."

"Yes, ma'am," he said sarcastically.

"Pan," I said warningly.

He rolled his eyes. "Very well," he sighed. "Because of your apparent irritation with me, I will refrain from looking at your delicious thoughts."

I looked at him blankly. "You are a very strange person."

I pushed away from the side of the ship and went below deck where Emma and Mary-Margaret were talking. "Hey, Cyrus," Mary-Margaret greeted and I waved at her before laying down in one of the hammocks. "Are you all right?"

"Yup," I replied.

"Is that the truth?"

I raised my arms up in a way that said 'I don't know.' "You wanna talk about it?" she asked. When I didn't respond, she asked Emma to leave and sat on the hammock next to me. "What's wrong, Cyrus?"

"I... I don't know," I answered honestly. "I thought... I thought that when I got Felix back, everything would be ok again. We'd go back to New York and I'd have Kian and things would be perfect but..."

"Did you and Kian have a fight?"

I nodded. "He told me that if I don't stay in Storybooke, then we're done," I explained. "But that's not even what's bothering me." I hesitated. "It's Pan..."