Chapter Thirteen Mixed POVs

Felix's Sister

Chapter Thirteen
Cyrus' POV

-One Week Earlier-

"Just a couple more miles," Neal told me and I nodded. "So, exactly where are you trying to get to, Cyrus?"

I hesitated. "Wherever my brother is."

"Anything more specific?"

"No."

Neal looked at me. "You don't trust us, do you?"

I took a breath. "I just don't want you to try to stop me."

"You're going someplace dangerous, then?"

"Depends on the way you look at it," I paused. "I can take care of myself, though."

Neal shrugged. "Alright," he muttered.

We walked in silence after that, reaching Rumplestiltskin's castle in the early afternoon.

While Neal looked for something to help him, I looked around as well. I looked on the shelves and saw many spell books. My eyes lingered on one series: Encyclopedia of the Most Powerful Beings in the World.

I glanced at Neal and Mulan; they weren't paying much attention to me. I picked up the M-P edition of the encyclopedia and opened it. I scanned through the names of various magical beings and my eyes finally landed on Peter Pan.

I was about to close the book and shove it into my bag when another name caught my eye:

Cyrus Parks.

-Present Day-

I looked around the forest. "Neal!" I called. "Emma! Mary-Margaret!"

There was no answer.

"Felix...?" I yelled hopelessly.

I kicked the dirt underneath me. I had been wondering around for hours and still couldn't find the camp.

"Give up yet, Cyrus?"

I sighed and looked around me. Pan was sitting in a tree, working on his woodcarving project.

"No," I said, letting out an annoyed breath through my nose.

"You're such a stubborn girl," he muttered, rolling his eyes.

I leaned against a tree, looking up at Pan. "And you're a childish little boy," I snapped.

He shrugged. "You only have a couple more hours until sunset," he said.

"I'll find the camp."

"Keep telling yourself that."

I glared at him and sat on the ground. My ankle was throbbing and I had a headache from the heat and having not eaten breakfast. "I want to take a nap," I complained.

Pan chuckled and said,  "Well if you give up now, you can sleep before we leave."

"I don't give up," I stated.

He frowned and jumped down from the tree, sliding his dagger into the sheath on his belt and his project disappeared from his hands in a puff of green smoke. He looked down at me. "How's your ankle?" he asked.