NOT IF I SEE YA FIRST

"You better come home Bill I'm counting on you." Hattie smiled hugging her brother. "Yea Billy do as you're told!" Estella grinned joining in. "Bye bye Billy." Nancy whispered. "Farewell my Billy." Meg smiled. The siblings stood in silence embracing their special brother. "Goodbye baby girls." Billy replied as he kissed each of their faces.

"Goodbye you boys." Grace said 'proudly' giving Hamish, Dave and Jack an affectionate hug. "Seeya little Gracie." They replied and ran over to their mothers. Grace watched as they said their goodbyes, and the crowd surrounding her. Filling her with emotions only known in this situations.

"Well Grace...I'll write." Billy smiled wrapping his arms around her waist. "So will I and I shall see you when you return." Grace returned the smile. Tears streamed down her cheeks and her hands shook, she wasn't ready to let him go. "Life goes on Grace, this war can and will take everything but our love is something it won't." Billy states, his hat brushing her cheek. She leant up and gave him a kiss. "Here keep this." She whispered placing a pressed leaf from the big tree in his hand. Billy put it gently into his pocket. "Hey wipe those tears away I don't wanna see my girl looking like this on my last few minutes on Aussie shores." He mumbled taking her in a tight hug as she cried. Grace pulled away and smiled her bravest smile she could. "Well...Australia waits for no man...I'll Seeya when I see ya." Billy sighed. "Not if I see you first." Grace replied. Billy, Hamish, Dave and Jack walked swiftly onto the ship and held onto the rail. "SEEYA AUSTRALIA!" They cheered. "HEY BILLY!" Grace called. "I LOVE YOU!" "I LOVE YOU MORE BEAUTIFUL GIRL ILL SEEYA WHEN I GET HOME!" Billy replied as the ship pulled away from the quay. "WILL DO!" Grace smiled blowing him a kiss then waving with all her worth. Soon the ship was just a spot on the horizon, but still Grace stayed. Watching. She could still see his arm waving in the distance but it was just an illusion of love.