Even worse days...

My head ached, my eyes were blurry and I was sweating like a pig. It was hot on Gallipoli. So hot we walked around in just our overalls and hat, never a shirt but always our boots. "I'm scared to take em off." Dave said, tugging at the lace of his left boot. Jack tugged at the same lace but on his foot, "Right on three we pull." He said. "1 2 3!" I counted down and felt my boot loosen. We moved to the next foot, "1 2 3!" Dave said and we pulled the lace. Suddenly feeling the urge, we ripped off our big heavy boots and our thick socks. "You have no idea how good those feels." I said, throwing my head back, my eyes closed. "I honestly don't think I could have gone a day longer." Dave said wiggling his toes. Jack smiled, "Told ya." He said grinning.

I had almost been transferred to a sniper, I mean I'd been made a sniper but I didn't want to leave my brothers (aka best friends) so they let me stay. Jack shuddered, "What's up with you?" Dave questioned, snapping a hard biscuit in his teeth. "I dunno just think something is gonna happen." Jack replied, sipping at his tea. I rolled my eyes, "nothing's gonna ha-" I felt something nip at my temple. My hand slammed against it and I felt blood, I watched the world spin, I heard the boys yell and then I slammed against the ground.

3rd Persons POV
Jack and Dave rushed to Billy's side. He was out of it as you would be. "He's still breathing." Dave said pressing his hand against the spurting blood. "Won't be for long!" Jack screamed, deeply. The two looked up, "OI YOU!" They called to a young boy walking around. "See this man he's been hurt he needs a stretcher urgently, RUN!" Jack pushing the boy in the direction of the beach. "I'm not telling Grace if he bites it." Dave stated, scared. Jack punched his arm, "SHUT YOUR GOB!" He yelled.