Lesson Fourteen: Cupcakes and Parties

Thanks for reading!

unedited.

_______________________________________________________________

"I can't see anything!" I yell over the noise of people chattering in the crowd.

Nate decided to blindfold me so it would make the surprise, even more of a surprise. I didn't even get the chance to complain about the stupid idea before he tied my flannel securely over my face, blocking me from seeing anything through the fabric. So now I'm walking around in public with a clothe around my head while being dragged by this maniac.

"We're almost there!" Nate ushers me to move faster and I stumble on my feet. Impatient much.

Do you now how many time's I've tripped and stumbled behind him. Nate likes to ignore the fact that I can't see when he 'guides' me and forgets to warn me if there's something I should watch out for while I walk blindly.

Just then I trip up what seems like a small flight of stairs.

"By the way, there's a few steps here." Nate warns after I trip.

"Think you could of told me before?"

After what felt like hours of walking to some unknown destination. Nate suddenly stops walking and my face smashes into his back. A little warning next time would be great I think again as I glare at him through the blindfold.I hear the faint murmur of words exchanged by Nate and a buff sounding guy.

"Welcome Mr Kade." The deep voice says.

Nate gives him a quick thanks before pulling me with him. Where are we going?

"Nate." I said but he ignores me and keeps on pulling me forward.

The eerie silences makes my skin crawl then a thousand scenarios pop into my head of where Nate could be leading me to.

"Nate?" I ask in a quiet voice, panic starts to seep in.

Oh my god! Is he taking me to some slaughter house to murder me? Who was that guy he was talking to? Is he taking me to some black market to sell me as some slave?? Or maybe he's in some Mafia gang and now their going to torture me for pissing Nate off.

How could you be so stupid Tori! You follow a guy you've only known for a week and so far all he's done is bullied, made fun and blackmailed you. And now your letting him drag you to some kind of surprise??? You know nothing of this man!!! I mentally yell at myself for my naive personality.

I dig my heels into the ground to stop him from dragging me on any further.

"No!" I yell as I blindly shove him away. I'm too young to die. "I won't let you do this to me!"

"What the fuck?" Nate shouts and hear him tumble on his feet.

With the blindfold still covering my voice I spin around and run on my wedges. It doesn't take long for me to realise how stupid I can get because only a few seconds of running.

 I run into a wall.

"Shit!" I yell after the impact. I awkwardly try to regain my balance while ignoring the stinging burn on my forehead. But the wedges don't help and I fall on my ass.

Groaning in pain, I roll onto the cold cerement ground. The silence is quickly interrupted by Nate's obnoxious laughter. I move the flannel away from my eyes and watch as Nate laughs is head off as he crouches on the ground.

"You walked into the fucking wall." Nate laughs and holds his stomach. "That's the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. Congrats, you won the award for the dumbest girl on the planet. What kind of idiot runs on wedges while being blindfolded?"