Lesson Twenty Two(Part 2): What Happened at the Party, stays at the Party

Thanks for reading!

Unedited

_______________________________________

Stepping out of the car, the cool summer breeze fans against my face and I tug on the sleeves of my black coat. I take in the slight of the club in awe. Unlike the strip club Nate took me to which was hidden and underground. This club is standing proudly outside a grand building with tinted windows

Two massive body guards stand outside, guarding the red carpet covered staircase that leads to the entrance. Gold paint decorated the white pillars in intricate designs. It looks so high class and totally out of my league.

"There are 5 layers to this club," Jayda links her arm around mine as we cross the road. " The most basic and easy to get into, The Earl. Then theres the one thats a bit more fancy, The Duke. After that, it's The Prince and even more grand and amazing, The King. But the one at the top, which is the most exclusive, most spectacular in every way is the Emperor. Which is we're we'll be partying all night long."

"If there only 5 stories high, why does the building look so tall?" I ask, craning my neck up to see the top. 

"Because each story is about 10 metres high, well 15 metres for the top because of the rooftop pool." Jayda explains and we line up in the cue to get in. 

"Theres a pool! On the roof?" I ask, bewildered. 

"Yep, theres a pool alright."

"How are we gonna get all the way top if its so exclusive and hard to get in? Do have have tickets or something?" I ask and Jayda laughs.

"Tickets? A pass to the Emperor on a night like this is almost 10 grand. I don't have that much money. No, I have other plans on how to get in. Don't worry, I have it all under control."

I was so excited and bubbly, thinking about all the fun we would be having. But the the face of a scary giant loomed over me. He was probably standing at 7 feet, of pure mean muscle. Tattoos everywhere on his skin as he crossed his bulky arms, standing guard. His eyes where emotionless and hard as he studied us, lips curled in a silent snarl. I almost felt like running back to the car. But instead I clung onto Jayda's arm like my live depended on it.

"I.D. cards please," He demanded politely, in a gruff voice. 

With shaky fingers I reach into my purse and grab my card out and give it to him. Jayda got me mine yesterday...I wonder if he can tell that it's fake?

 Calmly, Jayda hands him her card, not blinking and staring at Grumpy straight in the eyes. 

"There you go sir," She said with an easy smile. Silently, he stares at us then the cards, judging them. 

"Are these genuine?" He asks and I almost whimper in fear. 

"Are you implying they're not?" Jayda shoots back in question.