Chapter 7.

The Next Day (with Ichigo)

Ichigo woke up, got dressed into his school uniform had a small fight with his dad and left for school, Rukia was already waiting for them as they walked to school, it was silent.

As they entered the school grounds the bell went off signalling it was time for lessons to start. Zuri sat in front of Ichigo like she usually did but today her mind seemed off she wasn’t concentrating on anything; she just kept looking out the window. At nothing.

The lessons rushed by in a blur and soon enough it was lunch, Zuri got up from her seat and left the classroom along with everyone else, she sat with Inoue and everyone else but her mind was still elsewhere.

Rukia approached Ichigo

“Told you she would defeat the hollow” Rukia muttered staring at Zuri.

“I know, I saw” Ichigo mumbled his reply.

Zuri heard there conversation and stood up, her hair covering her eyes, fists clenching and unclenching.Rage was bubbling up inside her.

“Uh-oh, she’s going to flip” Miho mumbled nervously.

Zuri grabbed hold of Ichigo’s collar and pulled it toward her so her mouth was near his ear.

“If you ever leave a soul like that ever again, I will kill you” she threatened him, “If you think this changes anything, your wrong, it doesn’t” she turned to walk away.

Ichigo grabbed her shoulder, without warning Zuri turned around and punched him in the face.

Everyone stopped eating and looked at them, they all knew about the plan to try and make Zuri change her mind and want to control her powers. Zuri should be angry at each and every one of them, but instead all her anger was aimed at Ichigo, why? Because she knew he could take it.

“Zuri, there is no need to get into a fight with Ichigo” Inoue mumbled nervously while scratching the back of her neck

“She wouldn’t win anyway” Ichigo mumbled cockily.

“What was that, Strawberry-boy?” Zuri spat glaring at Ichigo.

“I said you wouldn’t win, Shorty” Ichigo glared back.

“Oh it’s on” Zuri smirked

“Curses!” Miho shouted, she hated swearing when she needed to she’d just say ‘Curses’.

“Hell yeah it is!” Ichigo smirked.

Brriing Brriiinnngg!

“Saved by the bell” Miho mumbled heading back to class with the others.

They all headed back to the lesson, Zuri and Ichigo stubbornly crossed their arms over their chests and wouldn’t look at each other.

“Everyone get into your partners” The teacher yelled.

Everyone got into their partners, which meant Ichigo and Zuri were together. The project was on Romeo and Juliet. Zuri turned her seat around and leaned on Ichigo’s desk, with her head propped on her hand.

“Class we have another new student, she is very intelligent for her age, her name is Miho” the teacher introduced the class to Miho, the small red-head.

Miho smiled to everyone in the class giving off a cute and adorable aura. As she walked past a few students they suddenly felt warm and happy. Miho had the gift of bringing happiness and warmth to those around her. Like spreading the joy.

Once the school had ended everyone left to go home. Most of the pairs were working on the project after school, but neither Ichigo nor Zuri acknowledged each other’s presence throughout the whole lesson.