Chapter 18.

Zuri stood opposite the masked man with death written in her eyes. All she wanted to do was to kill the man that stood before her.

“Demon Spirit” the man spoke grinning evilly at Zuri.

“Yoru” Zuri spat at the man known as Yoru.

“Oh so you remembered me?” he gasped mockingly.

Zuri grabbed the handle of her Zanpakuto and narrowed her as at Yoru, he just smirked and grabbed his sword, without warning Zuri jumped in the air and slammed her Zanpakuto down on Yoru; he just simply jumped out the way and smirked down at Zuri mockingly when she glared at him.

Zuri felt shadows run across her skin feeding off her emotions, the shadow’s engulfed her sword making it look very deathly. Her eyes didn’t change, she was in control, and she wanted to keep it that way.

Yoru finally fought back and jumped toward Zuri slicing his sword down her shoulder producing a large gash that leaked out blood. Zuri stood monotone, her face held no expression, for she felt no pain, the shadows ate away at the pain only increasing her power.

Yoru jumped back shocked at how much Zuri had changed, she was immensely strong. Zuri smirked at the look on Yoru’s face and concentrated the shadows around her sword and pounced for him again, as her sword hit him, the shadows ran along her sword and onto Yoru and ate away at his skin.

Yoru’s eyes flashed a bright colour and the shadows disappeared and was replaced with a white light that healed his wounds. Zuri cursed under her breath. If he could heal himself then this fight was going no-where.

Zuri placed both handles on her sword and screamed “KURAI I SUMMON YOU!”

A black light engulfed Zuri blocking everyone’s vision, once the light cleared Zuri’s clothes had changed, she now wore more armour along her body and had a longer Zanpakuto that had spikes around it that made it look like it was wearing armour as well.

Zuri felt the power increase and smirked, she felt strong. The she raised her sword up into the air and slammed it down onto the ground forming a crack in the ground that opened and released hands made of shadows that reached out and went straight for Yoru.

Yoru dodged many of the shadow hands but while doing so he jumped back into one of the hands and it engulfed him with death. The hand wrapped around his body stopping him from moving.

Zuri walked toward him with her Zanpakuto rested on her shoulder, her eyes still hadn’t changed, she grinned, loving the control.

“Why are you here?” She spat.

“The Legendary Demon Spirit, is more demonic now!” he laughed.

Zuri made the shadow hand tighten its grip forcing the air out of Yoru. Yoru panicked and then his body dissolved into ash and blew away in the breeze. The shadow hand went back into the ground and Zuri fell to her knees, she could now feel the pain from her shoulder and coughed up blood.

“Kiyoko... heal..... me” she managed to choke out.

“As you wish” Kiyoko spoke softly healing Zuri’s wounds.

Ichigo ran up to Zuri and helped up her, at first her head buzzed but then she regained her control and looked at everyone to see they had their mouths gapping open.

“What?” Zuri said raising an eyebrow in confusion.

“You’re so strong!” Inoue cheered pumping her fist in the air.

“Where did that power come from?” Yoruchi questioned.

“Who was the man?!” Ichigo growled with a hint of jealousy in his voice

Zuri just shrugged and started for that gate that would lead them to the real world. Once in the real world they dressed in their normal clothes and Zuri and Ichigo walked home together. As soon as they passed Zuri’s house, her parents came running out screaming and shouting.

“ZURI!!” Her mother shouted engulfing Zuri into a tight hug “Why did you leave us, honey? You had us worried sick and your brother missed you”

As if on cue, Daichi crawled out of the house and into Zuri’s arms,

“I’m sorry” Zuri mumbled to Daichi while hugging him.

Zuri’s father turned to Ichigo and sent him a death glare “YOU! It’s your fault my daughter ran away!”

Ichigo looked taken back “N-no”

“Yes! She runs away and comes back with you! Are you two going out and decided to run away together!?” her father shouted.

Zuri sent him a glare while Ichigo gasped.

“Dad!” Zuri shouted “I didn’t run away with Ichigo!”

“I don’t care, I know you did, I can see it in your eyes, now go to your room” he shouted at Zuri, then he turned to Ichigo “I’ve already warned you, but I’ll say it again, stay away from my daughter!”

Her parents fled back into the house while Ichigo stood dumb founded in front of the house. Zuri’s fathers words hurt him but he didn’t know why.

Once Zuri’s parents entered the house they saw Zuri glaring at them with her arms crossed while tapping her foot impatiently on the floor.

“Seriously Dad!” Zuri growled her animal side showing “Why do you always scare him like that? The things you say hurt?”

Her dad said nothing but he just stormed into his study room and locked the door. Zuri side then glanced at her mum who was smiling.

“He’s quite the boy, isn’t he?” he mother sighed.

Zuri arched her eyebrow at her.

“Ichigo, I hear things at work, he lost his mother at a young age, they all say he’s protective over the things he loves” she smiled

“Mum I--” her mother stopped her.

“He’s quite the looker as well” she winked at Zuri,

Zuri inwardly groaned. “Mum, we hate each other”

“Yes, but by hate, love grows” Then she left and walked into the kitchen to start on dinner.

Zuri walked up to her room shaking her head, sometimes her mother sounded like a teenager. Zuri walked into her brother’s room and saw him playing with his toys, the darkness the shrouded him was now fully gone. Zuri grinned and ruffled his hair then went to her room. Being gone a month does take it out of you.

Finally Zuri’s mother finished with the dinner and called them down, her father was still giving her the cold shoulder while her mother just acted like nothing happened.

“Where did you go then when you were gone?” her father asked calmly

“Anywhere and everywhere” Zuri replied taking a mouthful of pasta.

“Alone? Or were you with someone?” he asked.

“I was with someone” Zuri replied mumbling.

“With Ichigo?” her father spat his name.

Zuri rolled her eyes it’s probably best if she didn’t say that she went with Ichigo but this was Zuri we were talking about so she just told the truth.

“Yes” was her blunt reply.

Her father exploded and slammed his hands down on the table glaring at Zuri, she carried on eating her pasta no meeting his gaze. Then she felt a cold hand slap her face, her face shot toward the wall like a bullet, she held her cheek and glared up at her father.

Zuri then stood up, the chair behind her fell to the floor, the noise echoed throughout the room. Her fathered stayed at her as her hair covered her eyes from their view, then she ran out the house.

“GET BACK HERE!! ZURI!!” Her father called running after her.