Chapter 10.

Zuri’s body was floating in nothing. Frantically looking around Zuri started to worry; the beating of her heart sped up, nearly making her hyperventilate.

“Zuri...” a soothing voice cooed echoing all around her.

“Zuri ....” a deeper, huskier voice called echoing around her.

Zuri’s feet landed on the ground, she turned around swiftly looking around.

Nothing. Nothing was anywhere near her. Zuri decided to walk, she walked forward not caring which way she went or where she was going she just wanted to walk. Hoping to find the source of those voices.

“W-who are you?” She stuttered out.

No-one answered.

Zuri kept walking, the further she walked the more she felt a dark aura surround her, but this aura also held something light.

Two shadows formed in front of Zuri, she couldn’t quite make them out, but they were moving toward her and in the shape of a large animal. Zuri’s eyes narrowed slightly to see if that would make the two shadows any clearer. It didn’t.

The first shadow was the size of a small car, the darkness of that of death himself surrounded it; glowing white eyes were the only thing about the shadow you could make it. As it approached Zuri felt the fears inside her rise, the shadow had that affect on her and she liked it. Zuri then saw something never in her life did she ever want to see, she saw her parents death and the reason they died was because of her.

The other shadow was the same size as the other one, part from it was surrounded but a bright aura, it had eyes as dark as midnight that looked even darker against the brightness of its aura. Zuri felt warm inside as she looked in the shadows eyes, the warmth inside her made her feel as if she was basking in the warmth of the sun on a hot summer’s day.

As the images started becoming clearer Zuri found herself being pulled out of her dream, like someone had tied some rope round her body and started pulling her out of the warmth and death that surrounded her.

“Zuri, wake up” Zuri was brought back from her dream by the sound of her mother’s voice.

Zuri groaned a reply. Then she remembered seeing her parents and without warning she felt sick, running to the toilet Zuri puked her guts up.

Mrs Watanabe ran after Zuri and held her hair out of her face in a soothing manner to try and calm her daughter. Zuri stared downwards and didn’t look her mother in the eye, if she did she knew she would see her death again.

“Stay home today, honey” her mother sighed “Me and your father will be at work, call if you need us”

Mrs Watanabe stood up and headed out but once she got to the doorway she looked back at her daughter with apologetic eyes.

Once Zuri heard the front door slam shut that was when she decided to move. Zuri had a shower and got dressed, brushing her teeth before she left.

As Zuri walked along the road she passed the school, it was crowded with students and teachers all eager to get to the lessons and not be late.

Zuri glanced up at the window of her classroom, she saw the bright orange hair that belonged to Ichigo, he was boredly staring out the window at the sky, then he noticed her and their eyes locked for a second before she broke it and looked away.

Ichigo’s brows furrowed in confusion as he watched Zuri walk away down the street.

Where is she going?” he thought quietly to himself

Nonetheless he looked toward the teacher trying to concentrate on her, but no matter what he tried his mind always wondered back to Zuri, the distraught look in her eyes made a shudder run through his spine.

During the break Inoue walked up to him.

“Where’s Zuri?” she asked sweetly, he knew Inoue and Zuri had become great friends.

“I don’t know” he replied deadpanned.

Everyone was concerned and worried about Zuri, yet they didn’t know why, but they guessed it was because she was wrapped up in their world and it had caused harm to her family. Ichigo was also worried about why her dad, Mr Watanbe acted the way he did, it was as if he knew about Ichigo, but he couldn’t know, could he?

What’s wrong with Zuri?” Rukia thought “Her reiatsu was high and extremely deathly last night.

Rukia had no time to worry about herself being caught by Soul Society; she was too busy worrying over Zuri. She knew Zuri was the one killing her brother, not intentionally but she was doing it.

Rukia left the school grounds an hour early and got dressed into a plain blue dress, then she ran and ran along the street further and further away from Ichigo and everyone she became good friends.

Rukia would miss each and everyone one of them, Inoue, Miho, Zuri, Sasume, Chad, Ishida and the others as well.

Rukia was too blinded by thinking of her friends and how she would miss them that she didn’t noticed being watched by another Shinigami.

It was a man, he had red hair tied up in a ponytail, tattoos along his forehead and body, he glanced down at Rukia with a glint in his eyes.

“....Because you stayed on this side, you got to live a little longer.... Rukia” he called.

She stopped dead in her tracks and gasped “Renji Abarai”