Chapter 15.

Zuri somehow managed to get split up from Ichigo, growling at herself as she jumped across the buildings. They got split up because a massive explosion went off; they both jumped away thus resulting in them going in opposite directions. Zuri was worried but as soon as that emotion came it left. Strange.

“How can I let Strawberry think he’s stronger than me?” she growled to herself out loud.

Zuri slammed her fist on the wall shadows erupting from her hand and landing onto the wall, cracks started forming in the wall, then it all crumbled and collapsed beneath her fist. Gasping Zuri backed away.

She then glanced down at her hands; little shadows in the shape of small cats ran across her fingers and up her arm. She felt all the fear and worry she had inside her disappear. It was as if the shadows fed off all her negative emotions. No wonder her emotions had been going haywire lately.

Zuri sighed and leaned against the building and started looking up at the sky, it was plain blue with a few clouds surrounding the sun. Cracking her knuckles Zuri travelled off again in search of someone. Anyone.

Suddenly many Shinigami surrounded Zuri, enabling her from escaping. Cursing under her breath Zuri knew she wouldn’t win, but there was no harm in trying. Grabbing the handle of her sword Zuri slashed down a few of the Shinigami, but some attacked her from behind and pinned her down on the ground.

“Reporting in; we caught one of the Ryoka” a Shinigami spoke into a Hell Butterfly.

Zuri looked up at them, and then a mask was placed over her head making her pass out from loss of oxygen.

Zuri woke her an hour later to find herself in a glass room, with bars in it. The place resembled a jail cell, but she felt the longer she stayed here the weaker she would become.

Some Shinigami stood opposite her on her the other side of the cell scanning her, watching her every move.

“She looks a lot like --” one started but he was cut off by the other one.

“But wouldn’t she remember?” he mumbled

“No, shall we get--?” the other replied before getting cut off again

“Yes” he muttered.

Then he disappeared in a puff leaving an extremely confused Zuri standing there with her eyebrow raised.

A few moments later a little girl appeared, she was about 7 or 8 and had short pink hair, rosie cheeks and red eyes. The girl looked up at Zuri, a huge grin spread across her face.

“Sister!” the young girl cried jumping up in the air.

“Sister?” Zuri looked behind her, then she pointed to herself “Me?”

“Yes, I’m your sister” the girl cried again “I’m Yachiru”

The man stood next to Yachiru sighed and then turned around and opened a box, turning back to Zuri she saw that he had a needle in his hand. Reaching the needle toward Zuri he grabbed her arm and injected it into her.

Once the needle was out Zuri got sudden flashbacks of everything it was too much for her to handle. But one flashback stood out, it was her and Yachiru, there were with, a couple.

“Mother! Father!” The young Zuri shouted running toward the couple.

That couple defiantly wasn’t Zuri’s parents; they looked nothing like her parents back in the real world.

“Sis...sis...sister” an extremely young Yachiru mumbled hopping into Zuri’s lap and falling asleep.

Then Zuri was brought back to the present but as soon as that happened she was sent into another flash back. Part from this one was just pitch black with 2 people having a conversation.

“She can’t live here, in Soul Society” a man spoke in a deep voice “She would lose control; she’s too young and too powerful”

“Yes sir, wipe her memory when you send her to the real world, she will live with a human family and live a normal human life” another replied

Zuri felt as if someone was pulling her back to the present and before she knew, she was back in the cell. Zuri fell to her knees and became eye level with her sister, Yachiru.

“Yachiru, I’ve missed you” Zuri cried out hugging her sister between the bars.

“I’m sorry Yachiru, but the Ryoka must stay in the cell, you must leave” the Shinigami that stood next to Yachiru.

Yachiru turned around and smiled before leaving she gave Zuri one last hug and left. The Shinigami left with Yachiru leaving Zuri all alone, inside she smiled now was her chance to escape.

Zuri looked around the cell; she felt it absorb her reiatsu. Walking toward the bar, Zuri placed her hands on it and concentrated on transferring her feelings into her reiatsu. Once she did that, she used the shadows to absorb those feelings and in doing so the bars became brittle and broke.

Zuri smirked at her achievement and walked out the room feeling her reiatsu slowly repair itself. Zuri then ran out in on the path of Gotei 13 and headed toward the massive building were Rukia was, she knew Rukia was there because she heard some drunken Shinigami talk about it.

As Zuri approached the ending area she felt 2 extremely strong reiatsu, one she recognised the other she didn’t.

Zuri raced toward the reiatsu and felt another one as she came closer. There she saw Ichigo and another guy who had brown hair, a patch over one of his eyes and a scar running down his face. The two guys seemed to be in an intent battle.

“Kenny is really happy” a chirpy voice said from beside Zuri.

Zuri looked down at Yachiru “Kenny?”

“Kenpachi! Kenny! Icchy is Kenny’s new friend” she smiled.

Zuri sighed, but she knew that Yachiru knew what would happen at the end of the battle.

As Ichigo was fighting with Kenpachi he felt Zuri’s reiatsu, he looked over at her and felt himself smile, she was laughing and joking around with Yachiru. Kenpachi followed his stare.

“She also has extremely powerful reiatsu” Kenpachi smirked, he then mumbled the next part ti himself “Once I’m done with you, I’ll go for her, plus it looks to me like she loves to fight more than she lets on”