And Right There Where We Stood

Liam's P. O. V.

I was looking at Louis with a look of disbelief on my face. It wasn't that I didn't want to believe it was that I couldn't.

I turn and look at Harry to see him looking right back at me already. I saw the same look of disbelief on his face but his eyes held something else. Hope.

I turn to Louis with a glare on my face. "You better not be messing with us, Tomlinson."

Louis eyes grow in fear and he puts his hands up in defence and shakes his head. "I'm not. I swear. He's not only scared I'm gonna leave him. He's hurt. Because he thinks he's going to have to spend the rest of his life feeling the constant pain of seeing you guys together and having to have nothing to do with it."

I turn back to Harry and see him pleading with me to believe Louis. I sigh and stand up to head towards Zayn's room.

"What are you doing?" Louis was instantly up on his feet blocking my way.

"I'm going to talk to him, Lou. I think I can fix this." And with that I pushed past Louis shoulder and went to knock on Zayn's door.

Shockingly I heard a very small, "come in." So I opened the door and walked to sit beside Zayn on his bed.

"Hey, Zay." I sit down and run my hand through his hair. "How're you feeling?"

He rolls over and looks at me with sad eyes. "I already know Louis told you. You don't have to pretend not to be disgusted."

My hand freezes in his hair in shock. Have I ever done anything to make him believe I would be disgusted by him for something as simple as this?

"Zayn, I'm not disgusted. None of us are. We're more... Understanding? I don't really know how we feel really. But I know we're all concerned. Why don't you come to the living room and we can talk about it, yeah?"

Zayn looks up at me for a few seconds before slowly nodding his head. I helped him out of the bed, took his hand, and we headed towards the living room to have a long, well needed talk.